2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

It's funny how TFC are leaking goals at an alarming rate and the fans don't have Doneil Henry to blame anymore! Edgar would definitely be an asset because of his experience and versatility but that doesn't look like it will be happening for various reasons! Besides the injuries I think one of the biggest problems is Vanney and Bez overrated some of the defenders they have and are now getting found out! Morgan has looked quite good after not playing for most of a season!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Cristian Techera, the guy Vancouver just got. I think TFC got some Garber bucks for that transaction.

All the reports I've read is that they are very tight to the cap. My guess is that the allocation for that trade was minimal.

Also, they have no roster spots. So players would have to be moved out to make room.

Yeah that was weird how Henry got so much blame. Qill never understand it.

It's typical. For some weird reason Canadians receive the harshest criticism IMO on TFC. Many have said Morgan shouldn't even be playing. I'm starting get a feeling Osorio will be next if he doesn't score, because, you know, that's how you measure a player's progress.

Not according to Kurt Larson.  He says that Canadians get let off easy.  All started because some genius, fittingly named FootyDad on Twitter said that people are blaming Bradley and Altidore too much and not Osorio.  Genius.  I mean, let's not blame the striker who had 3 touches all night and makes 60x Osorio's salary and let's get on a 22 year old Canadian being played out of position on the wing for losing games on defensive errors. 

Has there ever been one under scrutinized Canadian?  Who was let off easy?

Not according to Kurt Larson.  He says that Canadians get let off easy.  All started because some genius, fittingly named FootyDad on Twitter said that people are blaming Bradley and Altidore too much and not Osorio.  Genius.  I mean, let's not blame the striker who had 3 touches all night and makes 60x Osorio's salary and let's get on a 22 year old Canadian being played out of position on the wing for losing games on defensive errors. 

Gabe Gala?  :)

Kurt Larson is a  hack. You pretty much have to be to work for the Sun.

On twitter he is a professional troll, a TFC Front Office apologist and an American cheerleader.

Its pretty laughable to say Canadians get a free ride on TFC. If anything they get critiqued much more heavily. Casual fans who aren't big CMNT like most of us are very dismissive of Canadian players.

Meanwhile over-rated, over-paid players like Bradley and Altidore get a free pass for the most part. Its only recently that they have been criticized, and they do deserve it. Like I've said before, for the money they are paying those 2 guys they should be tearing this league apart. That being said, maybe with a better coach they look better too?

I saw that, as Narduch says, Kurt can be a wind up artist, it sells newspapers and starts twitter debates!  

And Bezbechenko should be questioned about his ability to acquire talent, as well as for putting Vanney in charge.

This ^  100,000+ times this.

His childish posturing, which lead to Nelsen's dismissal only entrenched what was apparent from the beginning. TFC had a shot at the playoffs, and he fired the coach  to replace him with someone who is a joke. Why? Because he fucked up and his response was to abuse his power and fire the coach to try and save face. Instead he simply revealed himself to be out of his depth, and an incompetent snivelling man child at that.

I have litterally NO time for Bezbetchenko. None. If Leiweke has any sense he wil TURF the BOTH of them post hast, and may they never work in football again.

"We need to win" Tim B.    Before his team began to suck.

His childish posturing, which lead to Nelsen's dismissal only entrenched what was apparent from the beginning. TFC had a shot at the playoffs, and he fired the coach  to replace him with someone who is a joke. Why? Because he fucked up and his response was to abuse his power and fire the coach to try and save face. Instead he simply revealed himself to be out of his depth, and an incompetent snivelling man child at that.

I have litterally NO time for Bezbetchenko. None. If Leiweke has any sense he wil TURF the BOTH of them post hast, and may they never work in football again.

Bez wanted to fire Nelsen earlier, Leiweke said no. Had he pulled the trigger earlier, maybe TFC makes the playoffs.

Bez wanted to fire Nelsen earlier, Leiweke said no. Had he pulled the trigger earlier, maybe TFC makes the playoffs.

Based on what I've seen, had they installed Vanney sooner, they probably would have fallen out of the playoffs sooner last year.

At least maybe he would have been fired at the end of last season though, instead of mid-way through this season, which seems like his destiny.

Completely agree! Bez was brought in as a "capoligist" which maybe he would be OK at but it didn't take long for him during interviews to try to impress as a real football man which to me is a joke! He is way out of his depth and so is his appointed coach, Bez should fall on his sword and they both should be gone and I won't be sad to see the back of Argo Tim Lieweke either!

I like some of the things Vanney has done as a coach. There is much more ball movement in the middle of the park, a lot more movement off the ball and the fullbacks being much more offensively minded than in the past.

Overall, I feel like this is a decent team that has been constructed by Bez. Take away the injuries and you have a solid starting 11. Some players are weaker than others, but that's MLS. Hell, fans used to complain all the time about Dan Gargan, and he's still as bad in LA as he was here, but he is not put in an impossible position.

However.

The last game vs. Dallas was a comedy of errors from the coaching staff.

- You know Castillo is having a big start to the season, is insanely fast and is a challenge for the average MLS fullback to handle. So you chose to put in Hagglund, who is slow and gets lost positionally at his regular position? That is an unacceptable mistake.

- Last year showed, if nothing else, two things: 1. Warner and Bradley are unable to function in d-mid together; 2. Bradley will go out of position if he feels he has to (and always revert back to d-mid). Not leaving Bradley in d-mid, to protect a vulnerable back 4, and putting in Warner, fully knowing Bradley would float back anyways, was another bad mistake.

That being said:

- Creavalle is a good pickup, imo, but not as a starter. His versatility off the bench can be useful in the right circumstances or starting in a pinch, even though he had a horrid game when he was red carded.

- I really like Simonin in the one game he played. Confident on the ball and could actually play from the back. I thought that performance warranted another look.

- Jackson randomly decided he wouldn't track back (which he usually does) and would suck (which he usually doesn't so much) against Dallas. Unfortunate as he was desperately needed.

- I honestly don't get the love some have for Bendik. He can stop shots, but not that much better than other MLS goalies, is weak goal prone, distributes horribly, isn't overly strong in the box and there has to be some kind of communication problem, because too often his defence is completely out of sync. Not all his fault, of course, but he shares part of it. He's decent, but not even close to the upper echelon of MLS.

Well you started good and ended better for your 7 game away stretch to start the season. 9 points out of 21 for a road trip is not too shabby. Would have been nicer to get more but that puts you in a good position with an extra pile of home games over the rest of the season. Make the most of them. Good luck.

9 points = perfect.  I saw John Molinaro on twitter saying we need 12... obviously didn't get too far in mathematics.  9 points in 7 road games = GOLD.

Honestly if we had 7 draws we would have 7 points and ppl would call it a success.  Fickle Toronto sports world.

Winning the last 2 weeks really does help bring the season back to life.  At the beginning of the road trip if we knew we'd get 9 points in 7 road gamesI think everyone would be happy. 

The defense seems to have turned it around and is playing better.  I think the switch to a 4-4-2 has helped defensively.  Certainly Morgan at LB and Morrow at RB has really helped.  Morrow has completely stabilized that side of the field after the shaky play of everyone else who was over there.  Morgan has looked really good at LB and I can't see us without that FB pairing for at least the next little while.

The schedule really looks good now with us having a huge home field advantage for the rest of the season. 

Archived