• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy hell. Scotty Arfield is the first name we should write down every time a squad is named. Settle down. 

I'm drooling at this formation Box 4-2-2-2 for WCQ   ----------------Davies--------David -----Arfield-------------------------------Osorio ---------Hutchinson----------------------

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

You called that correctly!

So I guess this weekend he comes on as a sub against Falkirk?

I suspect they can/likely will rotate most players. Falkirk is third tier, and I think a point at home against Liege puts them through to the next round of Europa. Rangers are also using Zone 7 now and they do injury risk forecasting. 

21 hours ago, Floortom said:

Arfield might be having the best season of his career

Having an exceptional year and basically has played his way back into the starting lineup as it looked like he was going to play more of a bench role this season.  It might be tough to top his first season with Rangers.  He was one of the better players in the league that year.

Also how amazing is our depth at center mid right now.  Hutchinson is still playing amazing.  Eustaquio is finally healthy and playing incredible.  Arfield is on pace for another exceptional year.  Osorio had his best overall season this year (statistcally 2018 will be tough to ever match).  Kaye and Piette were still very good this year.  We've also seen some young central midfielders emerge in Baldisimo, Okello & Priso.

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The best part of those highlights video is the stadium music: 1993's Saturday Night by Whigfield.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Scotty Arfield! ♩ ♪ 

Golden... I remember playing this exact clip on repeat after his cross to Phonzie vs USA @BMO. Man I miss watching the lads play

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

"Of course, we're going to have to look after him at certain times. But Scott's in on merit - don't let anyone tell you anything different."

I think this Gerrard quote implies that if Arfield were 25 he'd be playing 100% of the time but at 32 they need to be a little more careful about his minutes.

Today's game was the first of 10 matches Rangers will have over the course of a month.  (Dec 3rd to January 2nd)

Not every midfielder is Atiba Hutchinson. ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

"Of course, we're going to have to look after him at certain times. But Scott's in on merit - don't let anyone tell you anything different."

I think this Gerrard quote implies that if Arfield were 25 he'd be playing 100% of the time but at 32 they need to be a little more careful about his minutes.

Today's game was the first of 10 matches Rangers will have over the course of a month.  (Dec 3rd to January 2nd)

Not every midfield is Atiba Hutchinson. ;)

That man has been on a absolute tear this season, not that I feel like he's ever been shy to accept the responsibility of going at goal but it just feels like he's been more aggressive/hungry.  And he wears it well. Bless his soul, he does.

That and being a wise ass. He got that ground fairly covered too when he wants to.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Rangers draw Royal Antwerp in the Europe League.  

Think, honestly, it is one of the easiest draws on paper in the entire round. Most of the ties are of very high quality, and excepting maybe Molde, who will be on a long layoff, or Krasnodar, it was one of the better ones to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Twitter had a bad injury in the game today, anyone see it or have an update?  

Also, looks like Duane Rollins opinion is that he is done with CMNT.  Did I read something a few weeks ago that said that Atiba is being referenced as the Canadian captain.  Does that say something for Scotty?

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Per Twitter had a bad injury in the game today, anyone see it or have an update?  

Also, looks like Duane Rollins opinion is that he is done with CMNT.  Did I read something a few weeks ago that said that Atiba is being referenced as the Canadian captain.  Does that say something for Scotty?

The latest word from Arfield, which came in an article a month or two ago, was that it is up to the Canada manager if he plays for Canada again. Unless there has been new information since then, I assume he is in our plans.