33 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Uhhh... this better just mean he hasn’t been playing the international game recently... right???

“However, Gerrard’s recent comments on the 31-year-old suggest he may now have walked away from international football.

“I think we arguably had the midfielder in form in the league in Scott Arfield, who thankfully doesn’t go on international duty any more and we can keep an eye on him here and he can train with us,” said Gerrard, as captured by RangersTV.”

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/rangers-boss-gerrard-appears-to-suggest-scott-arfield-has-ended-canada-involvement/amp/

That doesnt seem that concerning. Scott doesn't go on international duty because we don't play games. Not that gard to figure out.

Airfield did struggle with injuries and his quality dipped a bit a few years back when he was most involved with CanMNT.

it’s possible that he will be selective going forward and only play in certain matches ...like Atiba

Edited by Floortom

4 hours ago, Floortom said:

Airfield did struggle with injuries and his quality dipped a bit a few years back when he was most involved with CanMNT.

it’s possible that he will be selective going forward and only play in certain matches ...like Atiba

At this stage it makes sense to me. Not saying we should take our opponents lightly, but that we should start to integrate/improve the depth.

I definitely feel like we have enough midfielders where we don’t need to see Atiba and Scott all the time. 

We need to strengthen our depth, and that only happens with  new guys getting opportunities and the other core guys playing together.

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

At this stage it makes sense to me. Not saying we should take our opponents lightly, but that we should start to integrate/improve the depth.

I definitely feel like we have enough midfielders where we don’t need to see Atiba and Scott all the time. 

We need to strengthen our depth, and that only happens with  new guys getting opportunities and the other core guys playing together.

kaye, piette, osorio and eustaquio. We could also play David as a 10, lots of options. 

WTF is wrong with Canadian soccer media/sports media. I just looked at Wheelers, Rollins and others twitter. Nothing about Arfield and how he could be retiring from international duty ( which I find very unlikely due to the World Cup coming up). But it’s crazy ! One of our best players and nothing !!!  If this was another country, the media and people would be freaking out!

Pretty sure it’s a miscommunication rather than not communicating. 

I find it funny how Wheeler and Rollins are the go to for the ones to ask the hard questions - when most people are cynical of their reporting style.

We have many others Kloke, Platt, Larson, even Schuller @RS. Let’s ask those guys too.