2 hours ago, Weng said:

Haha.  I know you’re being facetious, but it’s his son for those that don’t know.  They did a short blurb on him last year on DAZN and he talked a lot about his fathers influence.

Watched Giga in the mid 90s at Barça. One of his greatest goals can't be appreciated because it was done in extreme fog conditions at Celta Vigo: 2nd half kickoff directly from the centre line. Still can't get the immensity of it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats Scotty. SPL champion! 

Holy hell. Scotty Arfield is the first name we should write down every time a squad is named. Settle down. 

via bbc.com

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think Scotty is one of the most dependable and underappreciated players in the SPFL.  Still can't believe he was never called up for Scotland.

I know quite a few Scots over here who can't believe he never got the call, my one mate believes he would have been potentially captain of Scotland now had things unfolded differently, as @jordan says, it's their loss and our gain!

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think Scotty is one of the most dependable and underappreciated players in the SPFL.  Still can't believe he was never called up for Scotland.

He's a true professional and a team player, with all these surprising things he does that are not rated, like finishing like a beast in close.

So also glad we have him, apart from Borgan and Davies for me he's the other sure starter, always. I would not even say that about David, as striker is a tactical choice and depends on the rival.

4 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Very tough group. I'd say Benfica and Standard would be my favourites to advance.

It is always going to be a battle to advance, but I am not sure I would characterize that as a “very tough” group.   On the bell curve, it is reasonably competitive but is definitely a group Rangers can advance from.  

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is always going to be a battle to advance, but I am not sure I would characterize that as a “very tough” group.   On the bell curve, it is reasonably competitive but is definitely a group Rangers can advance from.  

I didn't mean very tough in a vacuum, I meant very tough for Rangers. But yeah, could be worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhh... this better just mean he hasn’t been playing the international game recently... right???

“However, Gerrard’s recent comments on the 31-year-old suggest he may now have walked away from international football.

“I think we arguably had the midfielder in form in the league in Scott Arfield, who thankfully doesn’t go on international duty any more and we can keep an eye on him here and he can train with us,” said Gerrard, as captured by RangersTV.”

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/rangers-boss-gerrard-appears-to-suggest-scott-arfield-has-ended-canada-involvement/amp/

Understandable if true.  But I think the lure of qualifying for Qatar might sway him to show up for the truly important matches.  Plus he’s not getting younger and Rangers will be playing a lot more matches with being in the Europa League group stages.

Edited by JamboAl