Scott Arfield

1 minute ago, matty said:

He does a good job on the field and making himself present yet Jakovic seems favoured (right now). It is highly possible that there are factors beyond what we're seeing.

Just curious if the choice was Borjan or Arfield would you stick to Arfield?

Matty , why would you ask me that? Haha God that's a tough one. I honesty don't know because Borjan is a vet , solid goal keep, he has played and is playing in huge matches against the best. He's playing and starting for a pretty big club in Europe. I would be happy if Borjan was pick captain. 

I personally don't see our choice of captain making a huge difference to our marketability to the degree that we have any. For me, who wears the armband is not that high on the list of priorities.

Great to see him getting the minutes he's getting at Burnley and making a difference. Nice work to help set up their goal on the weekend and a nice finish the week before at Anfield. Also thought the yellow vs. Everton for simulation was harsh. Looks like he felt contact (however slight) in the box and went down. Perhaps he's getting used to CONCACAF officiating. At least he seems to be finding his way into the right places and hasn't looked out of place against top EPL clubs.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

Do fans of other teams care much about who is the captain? Honest question. It seems to be considered important in the NHL and I am wondering if that is bleeding into our CMNT fandom.

I don't think any sport generally cares as much about its captains as hockey and if it has bleed into this than soccer really is becoming mainstream.

2 hours ago, matty said:

I don't think any sport generally cares as much about its captains as hockey and if it has bleed into this than soccer really is becoming mainstream.

Yeah, hockey definitely puts the most importance on it. I don't think they even have captains in Basketball, and every few years you hear a single baseball team has announced they have a captain (I think the Jays had a captain once) but usually they go without. I'm not sure if NFL teams have captains... possibly... but even then it's usually that you have a free safety (I think, American Football positions are hard) on defence and you have a quarter back on offence and they are your de facto captains.

On 03/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, gator said:

I agree with SpecialK about Arfield but I don't have an issue with Jakovic wearing the arm band either, there can be more than one leader on the pitch whether he is designated or not, only one should deal with refs though!

Hum, the captain doesn't have more of a right to deal with refs then another player.  The only time the captain is useful is for the coin toss. 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, hockey definitely puts the most importance on it. I don't think they even have captains in Basketball, and every few years you hear a single baseball team has announced they have a captain (I think the Jays had a captain once) but usually they go without. I'm not sure if NFL teams have captains... possibly... but even then it's usually that you have a free safety (I think, American Football positions are hard) on defence and you have a quarter back on offence and they are your de facto captains.

Football have captain, qb is usually the captain but it is not certain. And for the defense it is not the safety if you had to choose a position on defense that "always" gets captain. It is the middle linebacker

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

Football have captain, qb is usually the captain but it is not certain. And for the defense it is not the safety if you had to choose a position on defense that "always" gets captain. It is the middle linebacker

Yeah that sounds more correct. The Ray Lewis/Zach Thomas/Tedy Bruschi position.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:14 PM, SpecialK said:

If you can't see the importance of making Canada men's soccer team more marketable and how Arfield can help with that, then you're just a plain idiot ( I hope your not )

That's not the argument. How does Arfield as captain make the team more marketable? It doesn't. The average fan you're suggesting the CSA appeal to doesn't care who the captain is. Push the fact that he's in the EPL, that will appeal to the average fan. 

PS no need to call names or insinuate anyone's an idiot. 

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

That's not the argument. How does Arfield as captain make the team more marketable? It doesn't. The average fan you're suggesting the CSA appeal to doesn't care who the captain is. Push the fact that he's in the EPL, that will appeal to the average fan. 

PS no need to call names or insinuate anyone's an idiot. 

When a guy/girl says KYS after you make comment or argument or idea . To me it's all fair game, like he did after I put the idea about i believe the an arctic  confederation replacing concacaf.

if people don't know what KYS it means kill your self 

So idiot it is

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

When a guy/girl says KYS after you make comment or argument or idea . To me it's all fair game, like he did after I put the idea about i believe the an arctic  confederation replacing concacaf.

So idiot it is

Fair enough, didn't see that. Totally uncalled for.

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

So idiot it is

kill yourself*

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

So idiot it is

When were told you to kill yourself? I haven't seen that post here like ever. Not saying it didn't happen just wanna know when (mainly cause I wanna read what was going on)

EDIT: yea the kys is really of outta nowhere and uncalled for

Edited by matty

50 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

There's no place for that shit on this board, that's teenage girl level bullying. We're all Canada supporters, even those with crazy beliefs.

I said that how many weeks ago?