Scott Arfield

He's our best player , plays in one of best leagues in world. He seems like a true leader on field and off. Has alot of experience. I don't care if he's only been with the program for a bit, he has  embraced the program and he's committed! . Arfield should be Canada's Captain if Hutch is not there. 

Edited by SpecialK

57 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

In my opinion Arfield should wear the captain's armband on Sunday!

Who else agrees or thinks it should be someone else? 

Jakovic

Also with Arfield, he's a sexy name. Plays in EPL. We should want to start showing the world we have good players from the worlds best leagues. Not a player from a falling 2nd division league in North America and that's not a shot at Jakovic but just the truth. Arfield checks all the boxes but caps with Canada but only shit that's growing fast 11 games in basically a year. 

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Also with Arfield, he's a sexy name. Plays in EPL. We should want to start showing the world we have good players from the worlds best leagues. Not a player from a falling 2nd division league in North America and that's not a shot at Jakovic but just the truth. Arfield checks all the boxes but caps with Canada but only shit that's growing fast 11 games in basically a year. 

I can't believe someone actually liked this comment. If you believe Arfield deserves to be captain because he has the most marketable appeal I feel bad for you

5 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I can't believe someone actually liked this comment. If you believe Arfield deserves to be captain because he has the most marketable appeal I feel bad for you

No you tool , read my first post about Arfield being  Captain. Arfield being marketable is also a great thing. 

@SpecialK the reason I and others (I think) are suggesting Jakovic is because he's already worn the armband a few times recently and OZ seems to like him. He's a vet, he's good at his job and may do a lot of stuff behind the scenes and during practices that we don't see.

Regarding Arfield and marketability. He can as the legit guy but again really can't work as "the face" and secondly being a captain isn't about being marketable.

Edited by matty

23 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No you tool , read my first post about Arfield being  Captain. Arfield being marketable is also a great thing. 

The fact that you think Arfield being captain would make the team more marketable and that it should even be a factor in choosing a captain is idiotic. I already read your first post "tool"

2 minutes ago, matty said:

@SpecialK the reason I and others (I think) are suggesting Jakovic is because he's already worn the armband a few times recently and OZ seems to like him. He's a vet, he's good at his job and may do a lot of stuff behind the scenes and during practices that we don't see.

Matty , I have no issue with Jakovic, he's a key member of the team. Just me personally and I would like to think others as well. Arfield is the better choice to lead Canada into a new era. Hutch is the Captain hands down! But when he's not in camp, Arfield should be the man. 

We have young players coming into the program and going to be upgrading to bigger and better leagues ( hopefully) like Davies , Elva , Larin, Millar, Brault-Guillard and others, don't you want a guy who is playing pretty much week by week in the EPL against the best players in the world to lead them on and off the field. Also it's a huge statement, Canada has a EPL quality player and he's our leader. 

Im sorry to me Jakovic doesnt have the statement factor and the resume. But he is a key part of team Canada and is needed and wanted. 

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Matty , I have no issue with Jakovic, he's a key member of the team. Just me personally and I would like to think others as well. Arfield is the better choice to lead Canada into a new era. Hutch is the Captain hands down! But when he's not in camp, Arfield should be the man. 

We have young players coming into the program and going to be upgrading to bigger and better leagues ( hopefully) like Davies , Elva , Larin, Millar, Brault-Guillard and others, don't you want a guy who is playing pretty much week by week in the EPL against the best players in the world to lead them on and off the field. Also it's a huge statement, Canada has a EPL quality player and he's our leader. 

Im sorry to me Jakovic doesnt have the statement factor and the resume. But he is a key part of team Canada and is needed and wanted. 

No I want a guy who is a leader leading them. The best player is not always the captain

13 minutes ago, canta15 said:

The fact that you think Arfield being captain would make the team more marketable and that it should even be a factor in choosing a captain is idiotic. I already read your first post "tool"

If you can't see the importance of making Canada men's soccer team more marketable and how Arfield can help with that, then you're just a plain idiot ( I hope your not )

Edited by SpecialK

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

If you can't see the importance of making Canada men's soccer team more marketable and how Arfield can help with that,  then your just an idiot. 

This coming from the guy who soley wants to play "top 50 teams" and believes the nations league is a bad idea...

1 minute ago, SpecialK said:

That is true, the best player is not always the captain, matty though Arfield was leading the team, the gold cup is the perfect example. 

He does a good job on the field and making himself present yet Jakovic seems favoured (right now). It is highly possible that there are factors beyond what we're seeing.

Just curious if the choice was Borjan or Arfield would you stick to Arfield?