Russell Teibert

Grizzly

On 8/14/2018 at 1:08 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

The way this thread is going, which is taking your Osorio fan boys, still bitter about Floro ostracizing him, and driving Russell into the dirt with all that bile, better leave it mispelt. It is more appropriate that way.

I don't think you can complain about where the thread is going when you took it there. I just checked and the very first time Osorio was mentioned* in this thread was in the 91st comment, by you, more than 3 years after the thread was started.

"Teibert was far better than Osorio tonight. That is what you get when the coach gives you consistent minutes, consistency. Osorio was mostly not anywhere on the pitch, looking for his little gold star beside the name. 

Floro was right after all."

*I just did a Ctrl+f on each page and searched for Osorio, so I guess I didn't completely thoroughly check to see if anyone else mentioned him earlier, but certainly UT was the first one in the recent burst of posts.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I don't think you can complain about where the thread is going when you took it there. I just checked and the very first time Osorio was mentioned* in this thread was in the 91st comment, by you, more than 3 years after the thread was started.

"Teibert was far better than Osorio tonight. That is what you get when the coach gives you consistent minutes, consistency. Osorio was mostly not anywhere on the pitch, looking for his little gold star beside the name. 

Floro was right after all."

*I just did a Ctrl+f on each page and searched for Osorio, so I guess I didn't completely thoroughly check to see if anyone else mentioned him earlier, but certainly UT was the first one in the recent burst of posts.

I always appreciate it when someone I hardly know spends such valuable time on me. ?

He is turning 26 in December. He has started 9 in 25 this mls season. If he wants to achieve his perceived potential he needs to be playing every week under a coach that believes him and wants to play him. 

CPL is likely the only place that is going to happen at this point although I think he is capable of more other teams coaches have never openly taken any interest in him.

He seems happy with his lot or he wouldn't have re-signed when he could have moved somewhere for more game time.

Should also be noted Robinson squad rotates alot and we don't know what he was promised in re-signing. Including substitute appearances and voyageur cup games he has featured in over half the games which really isn't that horrific. I just think he can do better..always a chance professional coaches and the player himself might know better than my eternal hope and optimism!

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Played a really strong 65 mins with a SEPERATED SHOULDER. Im not making that up

Where's a Don Cheery good Canadian kid meme when you need one

CMNT fans dont know how lucky they are to have him

I love RT more than most in this town, but guts and determination alone aren't going to beat Honduras away. Most experienced Vs know exactly who we have vis-a-vis the national team.

Everything you need to know about Russell Tiebert is right here

For context: This is late last season. Whitecaps were out of the playoffs, the locker room was an absolute mess (we just didn't know it yet), they are being out classed and embarrassed at home, they just got scored on in stoppage time, and this is deep into the 6th and final minute of stoppage time.

You can see at the start of the video, there are 5 whitecaps in the shot.. none of them are Tiebert but he's the one hustling back.

I absolutely think he's got a place in the national team. He's exactly the guy I want in a game late to close out a tight lead. He will run for days and close down players hard. 

Edited by Yoginess

12 minutes ago, nolando said:

I love RT more than most in this town, but guts and determination alone aren't going to beat Honduras away. Most experienced Vs know exactly who we have vis-a-vis the national team.

Did i say anything about beating Honduras in Honduras? Im saying if players making the bench in Sweden 2nd division is note worthy around these parts. How about a gutsy Canadian kid starting and playing a great game in the MLS with a sperated shoulder. Good for him. Hard fought 1 pttonight for a undermanned Caps team against the best team in the league. The most underrated Canadian soccer player by a country fckn mile

Edited by SpursFlu

9 hours ago, nolando said:

Sure gonna help compared to some of the team's more recent plans. Like, what, our problem has been that we just can't match the world-class skill of Roger Espinoza?

Edited by Lord Bob

I love RT as about our 6th or 7th best midfielder.  We’re most likely playing a 4-3-3 as it’s Herdman’s preferred lineup.

We have very good midfield depth right now and it’s hard to crack the lineup.

Hutch, Arfield, Osorio, Piette, Kaye, Espinosa, Tiebert.

That’s great depth but RT doesn’t jump in front the the more talented players in front of him unfortunately.

The Canadian Soccer player pool has grown immensely at midfield and forward the last 5 years.