Russell Teibert

Grizzly

Has there been "hype" about Osorio, apart from in these forums and among some TFC fans? Is it so strange that Osorio has finally developed into an above average MLS player at age 26 (peak years for a footballer) after being given every opportunity to do so, especially a few years when he seemed to be getting a fairly long leash without being particularly productive?

I'd suggest coaches' patience with Osorio compared with Teibert's short leash under Robinson is the biggest difference in the development of these players in the last half decade. I'm happy for Osorio, and it's obviously a positive development for Canada, but I'm with those cautioning not to get too carried away.

Edited by jonovision

lol Blame Robinson for him re-signing with the club. Teibert is comparable to Ashtone Morgan in regard to production. Been on the team for a long time, has some good spurts, but nothing to talk about. 

I'm happy Russel has had a good run of games, I've liked him from when he was on the on U14 Ontario Provincial team, and I was U16....but the reality is he's at the age where he needs to be consistently playing. 

To think if MAK never got injured, I don't think he would be remotely close to a call-up (unless a bunch of guys don't show up or retire)

Jeepers.  Dont get excited about a guy having a career year?  He was doing it against the big mexican teams in champions league, did it when Altidore and Vasquez missed huge chunks of the season.  Tiebert had a very good game, glad to see him getting minutes and more confidence.  But you dont have to sh#t on a guy who is finishing chances like a striker all season long, when should the TFC fans getted hyped about him??  This isnt a zero sum game.  Osorio having his best season doesnt take away from Tieberts good play.  

TFC fans, Canada fans, and Osorio himself should obviously be thrilled with his good performance this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some interest from teams in bigger leagues. If this is true, as I've said elsewhere on these forums, Osorio needs to leverage this interest to get himself paid, as we are likely seeing him at his peak or close to it.

I don't think anyone is shitting on Osorio's season. There were some posts stating he was unremarkable yesterday apart from his goal (I know), and those weren't wrong either.

Edited by jonovision

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Still no source citing interest in him though. That's not hating, it's a fact.

BTW there's a TFC thread on this board with at least 20 posts about his glorious future abroad, if you care to look.

Okay?  And there were sources citing interest for Alphonso Davies or Cyle Larin?  They're out there but no one wants to tip off rivals.. especially when said player is on a free.  

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until October/November.  

Edited by Keegan

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Okay?  And there were sources citing interest for Alphonso Davies or Cyle Larin?  They're out there but no one wants to tip off rivals.. especially when said player is on a free.  

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until October/November.  

Actually there were about 15 reports out of Turkey well before the transfer, which all the Hammers fans on this board rejected, with the usual undertones, as being unreliable. And then quite a few news well before, there was a Lazio story in early 2016. Or have you just plain conveniently forgotten, or don't care to look?

The level of deliberate elf-deception from TFC fans on such simple topics, easy to research, is pretty annoying. 

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

To think if MAK never got injured, I don't think he would be remotely close to a call-up (unless a bunch of guys don't show up or retire)

Because hey, he's younger than Osorio and has the same number of caps for Canada, why would that get him a call-up, right?

But you are being pretty sure about MAK getting that sure call-up for Dominica, I mean, he was definitely the guy we needed there. Now you are probably worried about him not being there, aren't you? We are really going to suffer without Kaye, good call.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Because hey, he's younger than Osorio and has the same number of caps for Canada, why would that get him a call-up, right?

But you are being pretty sure about MAK getting that sure call-up for Dominica, I mean, he was definitely the guy we needed there. Now you are probably worried about him not being there, aren't you? We are really going to suffer without Kaye, good call.

We're talking about Teibert right? We're talking about the fact that based on the season MAK had, he would've been called up possibly over RT if you're looking at the midfield depth chart... Let me list it for you:

1. Arfield

2. Hutchinson

3. Osorio

4. Piette

5. MAK

6. Wotherspoon 

7. Tiebert

8. Johnson

9. Fraser 

10. Chapman

This is not including the players who are currently being courted like Eustaqiuo, who would move into the top.....but ask your analytics guy what he thinks. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro
Didn't include David Wotherspoon, @Norrin Radd

9 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I would add David Wotherspoon to the list. Surely he's ahead of Chapman or Fraser.

You're right. 

I was mainly doing CM, CAM, and CDMS.... Should've noted that. But then I realized Wotherspoon has recently shifted into the middle for his club side. 

On 8/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

We're talking about Teibert right? We're talking about the fact that based on the season MAK had, he would've been called up possibly over RT if you're looking at the midfield depth chart... Let me list it for you:

1. Arfield

2. Hutchinson

3. Osorio

4. Piette

5. MAK

6. Wotherspoon 

7. Tiebert

8. Johnson

9. Fraser 

10. Chapman

This is not including the players who are currently being courted like Eustaqiuo, who would move into the top.....but ask your analytics guy what he thinks. 

I see you are eager to call up Hutchinson and Arfield for the US Virgin Islands, that is what is called going all in.

You just can't make this stuff up: if it is about who is most likely for the next call-up, and you say recent form is a factor, then you can't ignore other "factors", like who we are playing. Or who is injured. 

Canadian fans dissing Canadian players on their own Voyageur threads just to win an argument, pretty pathetic stuff.

(In any case, just to show how stupid your posts are, even in a shortened 22 man squad a very common distribution would be 2 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 mids, 5 strikers, which proves you are  deliberately posting maliciously).

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
"foolishly" was too generous a word for these assinine posts

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I see you are eager to call up Hutchinson and Arfield for the US Virgin Islands, that is what is called going all in.

You just can't make this stuff up: if it is about who is most likely for the next call-up, and you say recent form is a factor, then you can't ignore other "factors", like who we are playing. Or who is injured. 

Canadian fans dissing Canadian players on their own Voyageur threads just to win an argument, pretty pathetic stuff.

(In any case, just to show how stupid your posts are, even in a shortened 22 man squad a very common distribution would be 2 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 mids, 5 strikers, which proves you are  deliberately posting maliciously).

Common for who, exactly? Canadian squads over the past few years have had at most 3 strikers, and as few as 1. Are you suggesting that Tiebert is part of our first choice XI or just that he's worthy of a call-up based on his form this season? 

It it seems like you're only interested in being condescending to other posters and having the final say on the quality of our players. 

Just for fun, who would you call up for the match against USVI?

On 8/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

1. Arfield

2. Hutchinson

3. Osorio

4. Piette

5. MAK

6. Wotherspoon 

7. Tiebert

8. Johnson

9. Fraser 

10. Chapman

This looks about right to me. I think Froese gets in there somewhere when he's healthy (prob after Teibert at the moment).

On 8/9/2018 at 4:52 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Osorio was mostly not anywhere on the pitch, looking for his little gold star beside the name. 

Floro was right after all.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:46 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I know, right?