Luca Uccello

Dub Narcotic

Signed by TFC 2 today. 17!

Uccello, 17, originally joined the Kia Toronto FC Academy in October 2011. Last season he played with the Senior Academy team in League1 Ontario. Uccello finished the season with six goals and was named to the League1 Ontario Next XI. He was also named Player of the Week for Week 11.

• 3 years later...

He's leaving TFC II and joining Memphis.

What is interesting is that he's immediately gone to an American team even though the CPL is around the corner. I wonder if most Canadians in the USL who leave their current clubs do something similar. 

Edited by Vince193

31 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

He's leaving TFC II and joining Memphis.

What is interesting is that he's immediately gone to an American team even though the CPL is around the corner. I wonder if most Canadians in the USL who leave their current clubs do something similar. 

That's a shame, would've loves to see him in the CPL

56 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think so, its still listed as a expansion for USL championship,  not one of the 11 teams listed on the USL league 1.

Thanks. I guess we won't know for sure how the level of the USL championship will compare to the CanPL until the games begin.

That being said, we may get some hints as we see where players like Luca land once they outgrow and move on from the MLS second-teams.

In the season ending presser Manning & Bezbatchenko were saying that there were looking to get loan deals for their better TFC2/prospect players rather than having them play in the USL 2nd Division (or Division 3 overall) so I'd wonder if this was an instance of that - although there isn't any mention of it being a loan in the Memphis press release. If it was a loan that would also explain why no CPL (or rather, its a more hopeful explanation than he went there for $$$ because CPL is going to pay less than peanuts).

Surely he has an Italian passport.. so why not do something interesting if not CPL?  Go play 3rd division Spain or in Italy.. challenge yourself and develop.  Signing in USL in 2019 and onwards is essentially barring yourself from the senior national team.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Shway said:

Never really rated him. Reminds me of Oscar Cordon. He might have better luck in the CPL, or L1O to find his groove. 

He was only highly thought of because he joined TFC II's inaugural roster at the age of 17. Unfortunately it seems he never really got better.

Got really sad this morning, looking at this thread I wanted to see if I can find out what is going on with the older brother Julian and younger Michael..Michael became a film director which is great but Julian, who was great in lower leagues of Italy and went as high as Serie B, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and thats why he stopped playing pro..I wondered why he didnt sign anywhere even after trials with Minnesota and Toronto but guess the answer is there..he did play semi-pro after that..now coaching at Woodbridge Strikers Soccer Club..reading this about him dragging his leg, losing balance etc..really hurts..maybe The Voyageurs could do something for him..he was one of the only Canadians to get to Serie B I believe with Concina, Lombardo and Placentino and he was loved by his teams in the lower leagues as he was an amazing scorer

Poor guy. I second looking into doing something. Regardless of what level he played at we are all part of the Voyageurs family and sticking together is important. It is a delicate situation to approach and I don't know what would be appropriate. If there is a general consensus to do something, possibly reaching out to the family to get their thoughts would be best. Donating to a multiple sclerosis charity in his name might be an option, using an upcoming watch party or V event as a platform to raise some money?

• 1 year later...

Looks like his pro career is over.

Luca was always very interesting to me. He was an OG with TFC II and was 18 when he signed. I figured he was gonna be big, but he sort of just stayed there with a club who was regularly losing every season, and was never able to make the jump to TFC like others. Eventually he got overshadowed by Fraser.