Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't take either of those comments as overly negative.  I'm not sure Dallas expected to have a guy who wasn't a starter on TFC come in and be a starter on their playoff team.  They view him as a player with potential and worth the gamble for a club their size.

I didn't take either of those comments as overly negative.  I'm not sure Dallas expected to have a guy who wasn't a starter on TFC come in and be a starter on their playoff team.  They view him as a player with potential and worth the gamble for a club their size.

That's how I took it as well.  If anything, it's a good sign that they see potential there.  It's all too easy to just drop players in MLS.  Nice to see them hanging on to him.

Sam and Russ go the full 90+ for the Caps and look very good doing it. The transition year for Harvey has started. I can see Sam getting at least 1/3rd to 1/2 the playing time at LB if he can keep this level or improve on it (hopefully the latter).

1-0 win on the road. 

Sam and Russ go the full 90+ for the Caps and look very good doing it. The transition year for Harvey has started. I can see Sam getting at least 1/3rd to 1/2 the playing time at LB if he can keep this level or improve on it (hopefully the latter).

Great news.

Russell Teibert 90'

Sam Adekugbe 90'

Jonathan Osorio 46'

Ashtone Morgan 44'

Ethan Finley (Kinda Canadian) 69'

Marcel De Jong 90'

Tesho Akindele (Kinda Canadian) 77'

Kyle Bekker 2'

Steven Vitoria (Kinda Canadian) 90'

Pretty good day for Canadians in MLS.

Osorio started and played the first half, subbed off due to a tactical switch as TFC went down a man. Morgan came on for Morrow to play the second half.

Despite not looking all that great Morgan will probably start next week, although apparently Vanney is thinking of appealing the red-card decision to Morrow. Not sure if that's because it wasn't a foul or because Perquis was level with Morrow at the time and thus Morrow was not the last man back. Quite embarrassing that Gantar gave the red to Perquis to begin with, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the accuracy of his decision, or his prescription! Also quite telling that I predicted TFC would lose the moment I saw that Gantar was reffing the game because I knew he'd make a game-changing decision incorrectly to our detriment - and my prediction comes true.

I think Vanney was incorrect to take off Osorio at the half as the player sacrificed to bring on the replacement defender - I had guessed it would have been Findley and it should have been, as Osorio would have done better in keeping the team in possession.

Adekugbe hasn't played 10 games in MLS and he's already a better LB than Morgan.

T thought he was strugglin in te first half. Hope he can stay on to grow into it fast.

Russell Teibert 90'

Sam Adekugbe 90'

Jonathan Osorio 46'

Ashtone Morgan 44'

Ethan Finley (Kinda Canadian) 69'

Marcel De Jong 90'

Tesho Akindele (Kinda Canadian) 77'

Kyle Bekker 2'

Steven Vitoria (Kinda Canadian) 90'

Pretty good day for Canadians in MLS.

So in 1 week the # of Canadian players have doubled. If this keeps up, we're running out of players!

T thought he was strugglin in te first half. Hope he can stay on to grow into it fast.

So in 1 week the # of Canadian players have doubled. If this keeps up, we're running out of players!

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

De Jong was a mixed bag in his debut. Sent in a few decent crosses but wasn't that good defensively. He linked up well with the team going forward but at one point he got the ball fromt he keeper and then lost it to two Dallas players and they almost scored.

I don't know if he starts next week. Although as a whole SKC were pretty underwhelming in the defensive end.

edit: Looking at Twitter SKC fans do not like him and want Sinovic back starting. Uh-oh

Adekugbe hasn't played 10 games in MLS and he's already a better LB than Morgan.

I wouldn't go that far. He is good, no doubt about it, but as with almost all young players needs to be more consistent. Especially as a defender you need to be consistent. Midfielders can sort of get away with the defenders backing them up but if you mess up on defence it usually results in a chance on goal.

He made one glaring mistake and then grabbed the jersey but in that position it was more like giving up a corner kick. Not great but better than letting the player rush and attack the box. Grabbing the player in that situation was actually the better option. Aside from that a solid game for him.

Much better week for Canadians. Anyone have any insight into how de Jong played?

Judging from the highlights, De Jong is at least partly responsible for 2 of Dallas' goals.

On the first, he doesn't have position on Akindele and allows him inside him. On the third goal, he doesn't anticipate Hollingshead and doesn't seem to make too much of an effort to get back either.

I guess this is consistent with the narrative that he is good on the ball and going forward, but doesn't have the defensive instincts.

Archived