Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

Opare gets his first start in over a month and played 90 minutes at CB as DCU ended their long winless streak and qualified for the playoffs with a last minute 2-1 victory over New York City FC. This also helps both the Impact and TFC playoff hopes, a victory tomorrow by either team would guarantee a playoff spot.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opare goes the full 90' on Friday night in a come back win for DC United to clinch a playoff spot. When can he be called into a Canada camp? He looked good in that game. Controls poor back passes very well and was key in some last minute clearances.

None for us last night in our 1-1 draw against San Jose.

Sam, Kianz & Marco are called up for the Ghana match so they won't be available for Wednesday against Dallas.

PS. And Clarke is with the U23 team for Olympic qualifiers so he can't be used in place of the semi-injured Rivero.

Riding my bike yesterday on a sidestreet off the Ramblas and I see this couple ahead with Orlando shirts on, his is blue with Kaká and she doesn't have a name, on the white shirt, and as I come up behind them I shout something like "It's the wrong name, forget about Kaká, it's Larin, Larin". And they looked at me totally dumbfounded as I coasted by, didn't even answer, stared at each other, stunned, couldn't believe they'd be heckled for an Orlando Kaká shirt in Barcelona by a Larin supporter. 

Russ goes 76, Bustos comes on for his first 30 minutes with the first team and Tesho goes 70 for Dallas in the 2-0 loss for the Caps tonight. Next MLS game is Houston on the 25th.

It will be interesting to see who is sent to central america to play Olympia on the 22cd. Both teams are out of the competition.

Morgan plays 96 as a left midfielder in a 4-5-1 and Osorio goes 89 as TFC defeat NYRB 2-1 to not only make the playoffs for the first time in team history and actually jump into 2nd place. Osorio was credited with an assist on what turned out to be the game-winning goal by Giovinco (who came on late after stepping off a plane from Italy a few hours earlier) but really Giovinco did all the work, dribbling past 3 NYRB players and scoring probably the most historic goal in TFC history to date. To credit Osorio though, not everyone on TFC gets the simple idea of passing it to Giovinco the moment he is open (Bradley for example, will often look to get it to Altidore first - neither US DP played in this game and only Altidore was on the bench, although only for about 25 minutes as he got sent off allegedly for sticking up for Giuliano Frano or something).

Oh, for you Herculez Gomez fans on this board, he scored the first goal for TFC and was given MOTM just to annoy you (since it was obvious to everyone that Jackson should have earned it),

Morgan plays 96 as a left midfielder in a 4-5-1 and Osorio goes 89 as TFC defeat NYRB 2-1 to not only make the playoffs for the first time in team history and actually jump into 2nd place. Osorio was credited with an assist on what turned out to be the game-winning goal by Giovinco (who came on late after stepping off a plane from Italy a few hours earlier) but really Giovinco did all the work, dribbling past 3 NYRB players and scoring probably the most historic goal in TFC history to date. To credit Osorio though, not everyone on TFC gets the simple idea of passing it to Giovinco the moment he is open (Bradley for example, will often look to get it to Altidore first - neither US DP played in this game and only Altidore was on the bench, although only for about 25 minutes as he got sent off allegedly for sticking up for Giuliano Frano or something).

Oh, for you Herculez Gomez fans on this board, he scored the first goal for TFC and was given MOTM just to annoy you (since it was obvious to everyone that Jackson should have earned it),

bahahahahahaha

And Larin scores for Orlando to tie it up at 1-1 in the 62cd minute for his number 16.

He has a second (17th) and third but the ref didn't call the third one a goal. No replay but some of the fans online say it was clearly over. Others not so sure.

Gotta love this "Rochez on for Larin as the crowd gives the rookie a standing ovation." 43,000 in a standing O for Larin. Who'd have thought that?

Anyone planning on compiling all the minutes played so we can compare with previous seasons?

I know a lot of people will be unhappy with the lack of Canadians playing in MLS but let's look on the bright side:

- Larin getting a ton of minutes and bagging that many goals.

- Ouimette and Akindele getting decent minutes for the best teams in the league.

- Three Canadian teams have some decent prospects that may emerge as starters over the next couple years.

Anyone planning on compiling all the minutes played so we can compare with previous seasons?

I know a lot of people will be unhappy with the lack of Canadians playing in MLS but let's look on the bright side:

- Ouimette and Akindele getting decent minutes for the best teams in the league.

- Three Canadian teams have some decent prospects that may emerge as starters over the next couple years.

It's depressing how Canadians seem to have better opportunities with the American MLS clubs. I've said in the past that I'm glad Larin wasn't drafted by one of the Canadian MLS clubs. I also believe that Ouimette would have played less minutes this year if he stayed with Montreal. What I find more depressing is the few V's that are ok with current management of the Canadians clubs, or worse, those that think MLS is fine for us, no need for a Canadian league. 

Regardless of my views on the Canadian MLS clubs, I wish them the best success possible so they can inspire the future generations.

Steven Sandor's "Quintessentially Canadian Power Rankings, MLS season-end/NASL" is theplace to go for this http://the11.ca/2015/10/26/quintessentially-canadian-power-rankings-mls-season-endnasl-1-week-to-go/

With De Jong not making the SKC squad at the end of the season, it's clear he needs to find a new club.

While he has a rocket of a left foot, I kind of agree with K.C fans who criticize his defending. Just look at recent our friendly with Ghana. He got beat by his man on a through ball and conceded the equalizer.

Opare went 90 for DC in their semi final loss to NYRB. Pretty big stage to play on, good for him. Ouimette on the other hand never even dressed, which is a disappointment. One of their CB's succumbed to injury and is out for the season now, so maybe he gets a chance now on the bench at least.

Anyways, my question is, where does Opare stand with us? This young man is starting for DC in the playoffs - a good vote of confidence no doubt. Would love to see him join our pool.

Archived