Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larin claiming the goal (and record) should be his:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/08/30/orlando-citys-cyle-larin-says-he-scored-would-be-rookie-record-goal-vs-fire-

Having seen the replay, I agree that if he touched any part of that header, he should be given credit. Difficult to tell from the replays though.

Yes, difficult to tell. I hope it's credited to him.

He also set up his teamates with 2 excellent goal scoring chances after nice runs on the side.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in for the second half to sub out Morales (hamstring) was .... Kianz Frose!! Did very good and made several nicely weighted passes one of which lead to our second goal.

With Laba (red card), Teibert (int duty) out and Gersh already on the field it was great to see him get the call ahead of Flores. Up the depth chart we go. Next person above him is Russ unfortunately but having 2 Canucks making the first team at the same position adds some depth.

Coming in for the second half to sub out Morales (hamstring) was .... Kianz Frose!! Did very good and made several nicely weighted passes one of which lead to our second goal.

With Laba (red card), Teibert (int duty) out and Gersh already on the field it was great to see him get the call ahead of Flores. Up the depth chart we go. Next person above him is Russ unfortunately but having 2 Canucks making the first team at the same position adds some depth.

I liked Froese tonight. He looked a lot slimmer than last time he played.

I've got to think Rosales won't be brought back next year and Bustos gets bumped up.

No, Bustos will be called by Chile use its one time swich and stay in Vancouver and Lenarduzzi will be proud that a player formed at his club is playing for Chile.

Honestly though, while heartbreaking for us, that would be quite an accomplishment for the club.

I liked Froese tonight. He looked a lot slimmer than last time he played.

I've got to think Rosales won't be brought back next year and Bustos gets bumped up.

Rosales still has it but "it" is only 60 minutes at most for his top level game. He will be 35 before next season starts so I think this is it for him with the Caps. Helluva player and if there was one person I think Russell should try to mimic it would be Mauro. Similar yet attainable style of play for Teibert to pursue.

I don't know who will take the position. That will be up to the players. Techera has really been stepping his game up lately but depending on the transfer amount may not be back. Kianz, Russ and Marco could all get more first team time if they can take the position and hold it.  They will have to compete with NCAA draft picks, latin american players but I think they have a good shot at it. Just have to see who steps their game up.

No, Bustos will be called by Chile use its one time swich and stay in Vancouver and Lenarduzzi will be proud that a player formed at his club is playing for Chile.

He is nowhere near the level that players from Chile are at for his age. While a very good Canadian player he is just another (at best) Chilean player. If there is one silver lining to his going to the Chile camp it was that that point was driven home for him.

He is nowhere near the level that players from Chile are at for his age. While a very good Canadian player he is just another (at best) Chilean player. If there is one silver lining to his going to the Chile camp it was that that point was driven home for him.

Did I have to say that it was sarcasm? 

Morgan has a groin issue i've read. Suddenly we're looking a little thin at LB for the Ghana friendly. If Morgan can't go perhaps we'll see Tissot return as he can play LW and LB. Adekugbe will be held back presumably and Ouimette can easily slot into LB worst case, but will Floro call both Ouimette and Lefvere?

I'm really impressed with Osorio's overall development this year. He's really settled in as a crafty wide midfielder which I didn't expect. He totally owns that LM spot for TFC now which is nice to see.

I know Floro doesn't rate him as high as some of the other guys but along with Tesho, he has to be our most in form player out wide right now.

Archived