Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice that SKC went with a converted midfielder at LB (the Colombian Medranda) instead of De Jong.  Makes you wonder if De Jong will be moving on after this season.

DeJong has been unimpressive to SKC fans. They view him as a defensive liability with a decent shot/cross.

Shall we all cheer for, say K-W United?  Lots of familiar Canadian names (ie Sergio Camargo, Nico Paunic) there.

I'm hoping Marco Bustos makes me feel better when I watch the Whitecaps2 tonight. (Yay for him still being Canadian, even though we are his last resort!)

They're both rather unspectacular and will see the bench once every one comes back ...even with the former scoring an easy tap in today. However, with him being American, Marky will be able to carve out a decent career as an MLS journeyman.

If the last game is any indication, you have to wonder if Osorio is going to remain the odd man in the starting midfield for awhile.

If the last game is any indication, you have to wonder if Osorio is going to remain the odd man in the starting midfield for awhile.

I would hope not, based on Marky and Collen's performance.  Warner is interesting in that he clearly has some skill but bad things happen when he is on the pitch.  Delgado I think is still riding the wave of getting to play in an advanced role with Giovinco and having no defensive responsibilities.  Not sure how long that will last.

I'll give Sam a break because he was out injured for quite a while, but he was dire when he came on.

He made some nice runs and dribbles up the field beating his man 1v1 but yea you could see the rust pretty easily. I'm just thrilled to see him back on the field.

Osorio goes 90 setting up both goals (the 2nd indirectly) in TFC's somewhat lucky 2-1 over Montreal. Morgan (mercifully) came on to start the 2nd replacing a poor Daniel Lovitz, while Tissot started & was subbed out mid-way through the 2nd for Anthony Jackson-Hamel.

Akindele goes 90 and scores the winner for Dallas on a PK in a 2-0 win over RSL.

And Cyle Larin has set the rookie MLS scoring record with his 12th of the season as Orlando are drawing Chicago 1-1 in the first half in a game delayed several hours by lightning storms. Congrats to Cyle!

Archived