Note that there are a few changes in MLS Fantasy this year, most notable of which is that there are unlimited transfers every game week, so you don't have to stockpile players for double game weeks or major bye weeks. Certainly takes some of the strategy out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, Club Linesman said:

I am in as well.  Enjoyed it last year (especially the strategizing) and it forced me to pay more attention to the league as a whole.  Never could catch the top team - was it Sven's Shooters? Hopefully more Canadians will get their shot this year in MLS and this will become even more engaging.

Glad to have another. Sven's Shooters did win out but with a lot of help as the leader (can't recall) neglected his lineup the last month or so.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Rheo said:

I've been having problems logging in on the website.  Just keeps loading every time I try

I was able to log in just now. I used to be able to use my Google account to login but that no longer works. Now I used my Facebook account. Maybe your account was through one of the previously available login networks?

45 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I was able to log in just now. I used to be able to use my Google account to login but that no longer works. Now I used my Facebook account. Maybe your account was through one of the previously available login networks?

I use my email to log in directly and it isn't working.  Going to try on my phone and see if that works.

The new version seems to have a lot of changes. One key change is that the auto-sub now does not rely on the 'order' of your subs. If a starting player does not play, autosub picks eligible sub with highest score, rather than first in sub order. Ist das klar as mud?

• 5 months later...

Waiting to see how the 'fall season' fantasy is rolled out, as MLS Fantasy is split into a 'spring season' and 'fall season' this year. As far as I know, everything resets. May have to recreate the 'The Voyageurs' league but not sure as yet.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, Ed_S said:

The Voyageurs league remains intact as fall season is underway. Team budgets are reset to $100M so good luck finding 11 starters and 4 subs with that amount of money. 

HOLD OFF ON SIGNING UP FOR NEW LEAGUE!!!!!! 

Now I am not sure if our 'The Voyageurs' league is valid for fall season. I see points for today's game so I will leave as is for now.  Deleted the new entry and will recreate with a starting date of next week if needed.

Edited by Ed_S

• 6 months later...

Anybody up for a Voyageurs MLS fantasy league this season? Starts in 8 days so if there is interest I will set up a private league and provide code for joining. After the massive f*ckery of the fantasy app new version rollout last season, hopefully things will be smoother this time around.

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ed_S said:

Created a new 'The Voyageurs' league. It is Private (need link to join) and Open (as opposed to head to head). Here is the link. Rosters are up but still 7 days to settle. Here is the link:  https://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/#classic/leagues/7800/join/ADCLCN23

I think this link is still valid if anyone else wants to join The Voyaguers mls fantasy league for the second half of the season. Spring season has ended so all teams reset to $100M  for the new fall league which starts with next week's matches. Note existing members of the league don't have to re-register. 

Edited by Ed_S

• 8 months later...

Hi All, 

I have created a Voyageurs league for any interested. Here is the link for joining: https://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/#classic/leagues/14294/join/5DUCRAUV

New (very different) version of MLSFantasy game has been rolled out. Not sure I would call all these features improvements but here is the skinny:

• Fixed budget of $125M - All managers will have the same budget for the entire season, regardless of player prices changing

• No more Spring & Fall season splits - One full season long competition

• MLS Fantasy Champions League

• A new competition with 4 6-week long qualifying periods to start the season, and an 8 week long competition to end the season to see who really is the best of the best

• At the beginning of the MLS regular season, all entries are automatically entered in the Qualifier #1 league

• At the completion of Week 6, the top 50 entries in total points qualify for the FCL

• The remaining entries are then automatically entered in the Qualifier #2 league and start a new competition (their score begins at zero)

• The above process is repeated for 2 more qualifier rounds (Week 13-17, 18-23)

• Once qualifier #4 completes, the 200 entries that qualified for the FCL compete against one another in weeks 25-32 for prizes

• Changes to Double Game Week scoring - For players with two matches in one week, only their highest score from the 2 matches will count, rather than combining both

• Alteration to the max player price change - Max price change for a player in a week changed from 500k to 1M - Player prices react quicker to real world on-field performance

Edited by Ed_S