Canadians abroad: February 27 - March 5, 2015

DJT

Then please, in your infinite knowledge tell me how a guy like Borjan, while being a very good player has been relegated to Eastern Europe after Roberto Carlos took one look at him when he joined Sivasspor and sent him packing. I'd like to know.

My point is there is an inherent bias. There will be for a very long time. There was a scout who mentioned that given an African, South American and a North American of similar skill and age, the first two are always most likely to get harder looks. It's just the way the game is. You go with the most familiar talent.

Kid's Argentinian? let's bring him in.

A Canadian? ehhh I don't know.

Because he's prone to the monumental brain fart from time to time. 

BB I'm not buying into that logic.

The best will always rise to the top in our football system. In general the best players will play in the best leagues; this holds true across professional sports. There will always be statistical outliers, and granted verge players will often get the boot for equivalent domestic talent if available for (this is true in mostly any country across the globe for numerious reasons - pride, domestic quotas, cost, marketability, academies etc.). Bob O'Billovich, former GM of the Tiger-Cats said it best, "better is better".  

Czech Republic

Feb 28 - Sparta Prague U19 7 Hlucin U19 0 - Reid and Yuma both played 90 minutes for Hlucin.

Slovakia

Stefan Cebara was on the bench as Zlate Moravce tied DAC 1-1 in the 1st division.

Fisk got a little cameo on Sunday, coming on in the 89th minute.

Piette also played as Depo B beat Ribadumia which is a direct competitor for the promotion playoffs. Btw I also understand he scored a goal a couple of weeks ago against Rápido de Bouzas. 

I also have it that he's selected for the 2 MNT games in March.

Canadá cita o fabrilista Sam Piette para dous partidos amigables no mes de marzo

Viernes 27/02/2015 08:59, canaldeportivo, A Coruña

A Selección de Canadá convoca o xogador do Fabril Sam Piette para unha concentración do 22 ao 31 do próximo mes de marzo.

No transcurso deses días, o equipo nacional canadiano que dirixe Benito Floro disputará dous amigables internacionais: o venres 27 de marzo ante Guatemala en Ft. Lauderdale (Estados Unidos) e o luns 30 de marzo en San Juan de Puerto Rico.

Fisk got a little cameo on Sunday, coming on in the 89th minute.

Piette also played as Depo B beat Ribadumia which is a direct competitor for the promotion playoffs. Btw I also understand he scored a goal a couple of weeks ago against Rápido de Bouzas. 

I also have it that he's selected for the 2 MNT games in March.

Canadá cita o fabrilista Sam Piette para dous partidos amigables no mes de marzo

Viernes 27/02/2015 08:59, canaldeportivo, A Coruña

A Selección de Canadá convoca o xogador do Fabril Sam Piette para unha concentración do 22 ao 31 do próximo mes de marzo.

No transcurso deses días, o equipo nacional canadiano que dirixe Benito Floro disputará dous amigables internacionais: o venres 27 de marzo ante Guatemala en Ft. Lauderdale (Estados Unidos) e o luns 30 de marzo en San Juan de Puerto Rico.

That is Gallego by the way, like a mix of old Portuguese and Spanish.

The Deportivo 2nd team is called by fans and the press Fabril, which was the first name of the club a hundred years ago when founded, Fabril Football Club. Owner had a factory and "fabril" refers to that. So Piette is a "fabrilista".

Manjrekar James played 20 minutes plus IT for Pecsi and picked up yellow. They are out of the cup.

Lucas Menz is on the bench for Kickers Offenbach. They are still 0-0 against Borussia Monchengladbach.

Doneil Henry in the line-up for Blackburn Rovers. They are leading 0-2.

Hoilett in the starting 11 for QPR, they're still 0-0 against Arsenal.

Carreiro also in the line-up for Arbroath. 0-0 at half time.

Just wanting to quickly point out that the LIverpool vs Blackburn clash IS televised on Sportsnet World.

Now, Henry coming on basically right after putting ink to parchment may have been more about injury problems for the Rovers than much else.  Or possibly because they have eyes on Anfield and wanted their players rested.  But from all reports, Henry definitely made a case for himself today.  Keep your eyes on it.  From the frying pan to the fire, his second game in England could be at as high a stage as an FA Cup Quarterfinal against a (frankly) surging Liverpool squad that should be throwing their absolute best into the clash, in hopes of guaranteeing European play.  

If he plays, I for one will be very interested to see how he fares (nerves) against the likes of Sturridge, Balotelli, Gerard, Sterling, etc...

Not too shabby for a second game in a new country methinks...I guess the fact that they loan him means Rovers have some troubles in the backline (could be injuries or just quality). I definitely think he'll see at least some action on Anfield.

Sounds like Doneil was very good in his debut. Rave reviews from Blackburn's manager:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/doneil-henry-gary-bowyer-sheffield-wednesday-blackburn-rovers-2315645.aspx

Highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if31nF9UH0w

I guess no one told the Blackburn manager that Doneil has made a few mistakes and given up penalties before.  He's a liability!!! ;)

Archived