Milovan Kapor with Banska Bystrica (Slovakia)

Toje

Banska Bystrica plays in the Slovak 1st division.  Apparently, Milovan was playing in the Slovak 3rd division last Autumn with Piestany.

http://www.fkdukla.sk/novinky/aktuality/rozhovor-s-milovanom-kaporom-2065/

Great find.  Confirmed in multiple articles.  Will add to MOACA

Edit:  While Dukla are out of place at the bottom of the table, they are still in the quarterfinals of the Slovak Cup, the other entry point to European competition.  

Hey guys just wanted to say that I played my first match Friday against trnava. Full 90 as a holding midfielder. Didn't play the first match because of a red card in the first half of the season when is was in the 3rd divison. Thanks for the support and if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. All the best

Slovakian football is very physical and demanding in terms of fitness. The game is played at a pretty fast pace but it isn't maybe the nicest football in the world. In Slovakia you have 4/5 teams that are strong financially and so it's difficult for the smaller clubs like Dukla Banska bystrica but that is football. I am going to do my best and we will see what happens at the end of the season. Would be nice to represent Canada one day just have to wait for my chance. Osorio and I are similar in terms of our technical ability, vision and passing ability however he is more offensive minded and so his dribbling ability is maybe better then mine but that is where I think my strength and defending would be a bit better. Every player is different, it is hard to compare, osorio is a great player and think he will prove this year just how much better he can be.

Slovakian football is very physical and demanding in terms of fitness. The game is played at a pretty fast pace but it isn't maybe the nicest football in the world. In Slovakia you have 4/5 teams that are strong financially and so it's difficult for the smaller clubs like Dukla Banska bystrica but that is football. I am going to do my best and we will see what happens at the end of the season. Would be nice to represent Canada one day just have to wait for my chance. Osorio and I are similar in terms of our technical ability, vision and passing ability however he is more offensive minded and so his dribbling ability is maybe better then mine but that is where I think my strength and defending would be a bit better. Every player is different, it is hard to compare, osorio is a great player and think he will prove this year just how much better he can be.

Good luck!  I (and am sure other V's) want you to know that there are many Canadian fans passionate about football who are wishing you success!

I hope you have a great season

Milovan Kapor scored the only goal for Banska Bystrica in a 1-1 draw away to Ruzomberok.

Banska Bystrica are still in last, but the point away to Ruzomberok could prove to be crucial later in the season.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had not heard of Kapor before @Lucas recently posted about his making the team of the week three times in a row, so I decided to look him up.

Milovan Kapor

25 years old.

Born in Canada, Vaughn Azzuri product, played NCAA div 1.

Signed in 2014 with Cadiz of the Spanish 3rd tier, where he made zero appearances and then quickly moved to the lower levels of Slovakian football.  In 2016 made his way to the first tier Fortuna League.

His current team, FC Vion Zlate Moravce – Vráble, is bottom half of the table but he is getting plenty of playing time, over 2000 minutes this season, 23 starts and 1 goal.  

• 2 weeks later...

The manager of Zlate Moravce said that Kapor has a good character, but he does not have the necessary quality as a footballer in the Slovak 1st tier.  The manager went on to say that Kapor would do well in the Slovak 2nd tier or some other league of similar quality.

https://profutbal.sk/clanok/220512-hodnotime-sezonu-vion-sa-zachranil-aj-vdaka-skoremu-budicku

Sounds like he is on his way out at Zlate Moravce.  I believe a new manager took over after the 15th round, and he wasn't the one who brought Kapor in.

Archived