Brett Levis

Dub Narcotic

Signed by Whitecaps 2 today.

• Played for Whitecaps FC U-23 in 2014
  • CIS First Team All-Canadian and Canada West leading goalscorer in 2014
  • Helped University of Saskatchewan win first Canada West Championship
  • Development League (PDL), scoring two goals and recording four assists. In 2013, Levis had a remarkable season with Victoria Highlanders FC, starting all 17 of his appearances and leading the team with 12 goals and five assists.
Last summer, the native of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan started 12 of his 14 appearances with Whitecaps FC U-23 in the USL Premier Development League (PDL), scoring two goals and recording four assists. In 2013, Levis had a remarkable season with Victoria Highlanders FC, starting all 17 of his appearances and leading the team with 12 goals and five assists.

The young midfielder started his soccer career with Saskatoon Youth Soccer Club. Levis won a provincial high school championship in 2010 with Centennial Chargers and represented team Saskatchewan at the 2009 Canada Games. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This might be a bit over the top but with Morgan injured and Adekugbe having a bit of a down year are we a De Jong injury away from this guy being our best LB option? Based on past experience it seems Floro would play Ouimette there but that's far from ideal especially given the year he has had. I guess there also is La'Vere Corbin-Ong but I have never actually seen him play so hard to say where he would fit. 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

This might be a bit over the top but with Morgan injured and Adekugbe having a bit of a down year are we a De Jong injury away from this guy being our best LB option? Based on past experience it seems Floro would play Ouimette there but that's far from ideal especially given the year he has had. I guess there also is La'Vere Corbin-Ong but I have never actually seen him play so hard to say where he would fit. 

In theory, Tissot could play there or one of our CBs but yeah, LB and RB (and keeper) are killer for us right now.  We seem to be producing plenty of mids and even some forwards, oddly enough!

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

I guess there also is La'Vere Corbin-Ong but I have never actually seen him play so hard to say where he would fit. 

For what I've heard and seen, he's different than the rest in that he's more of a defender first. De Jong, Tissot, Morgan are all somewhere in between LM and LB, none of them are true defenders.

14 hours ago, Northvansteve said:

Debuted with the Whitecaps in their CCL game today. Playing LB regularly for WFC2 - very strong attacking fullback. 

His attacking instincts are great but his defending is a little suspect, which is to be expected for a player just moved to that position this season. As I mentioned in the WFC2 thread, I am sure he can play at a higher level than USL. 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Hearing about Levis makes me think about Bryce Alderson.  I'm curious as to where he's playing nowadays and how it's been going for him.

He played with Fortuna Dusseldorf II in 2015-16. 14 starts, 15 total appearances. Not sure if he's still with the club.