Sean Melvin

Dub Narcotic

GK, called up to 'Camp Timbit' in January 2015

* Grew up in Victoria.

* Spent several years, U-16, U-18, PDL with the Whitecaps academy.

* Going into his junior year at UNC Wilmington.

It's quite strange that two goalkeepers on this senior roster spent the year playing in Wilmington, N.C.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Melvin starts for Colorado again, Daniels also starts against monarchs, 3-3 draw.  Melvin won USL save of the week last week as well.  

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1113274

Alan Koch as coach explains the Canadian influence there, with 6'3" F/AM Mamadi Camara also getting regular minutes off bench.  If I remember right Camara got invited to MLS Draft camp after outstanding DII career with Simon Fraser, got drafted by San Jose but never signed, before Koch brought him on with the Switchbacks.

Sounds like Aidan Daniels has been playing up front and both he and Melvin have been playing very well.  

Should also add that Dayonn Harris came on in the 58th minute for the Monarchs this time as a forward instead of RB.  Real Monarchs were up 3-1, Colorado Springs then went down a man in 73rd and still managed to come back and tie it 3-3.

I totally forgot about Camara..we could use some more coaches like Koch or Marcina in San Antonio.  And I guess Yallop in Vegas.  Get a little more CDN flavor in the USL.  If we are going to really move forward we need to develop the high level coaches, and there are only so many CPL jobs.  

I wonder if Melvin stays the starter on a fair USL-C team, where would that put him in our Keeper depth chart?  Same level as Carducci/Pantemis....below?  Still nice to see a CDN keeper getting any kind of minutes.