2015 CONCACAF U20 Championship - January 12 - Canada vs. Mexico [R]

DJT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Larin has had 30 minutes total and Hamilton scored 2 in his first 20 against Haiti so that isn't a real surprise.

Larin saying he knew he wanted to go pro after 10 minutes in the match against Colombia?  I would think he would want to go pro knowing he was going #1 and all his time spent training with pros but to each their own.

I wonder if Larin plays Thursday or do they keep him out knowing his head might not be in it?  Or will he be pumped and super ready to go?

Interesting call, can't remember any player ever playing a big match the day of their draft day.  Especially not a guy going #1 potentially.

^ I'm sure that he wanted to play pro football a long time prior to the Colombia match. What he's saying is that he made his mind up to leave school and pursue a professional career after playing in that match. Up to that point, returning to UConn for his junior year was a consideration.

We are going to face the USA in the playoffs, just wait

Maybe, but If Canada and USA win rest of their group games, then they will avoid playing against each other.   Also keep in mind that Panama lose one of their games, then door is wide open for first place in their group.   

Point is: there's a lot of soccer left to be played for both groups.  

It looks like the USA will finish either 2nd or 3 rd in group A and on our last game against Honduras we ll already know the US place.

If we win our next 2 games (or 1W and 1T) and Honduras gets 3 pts in their next 2, we could play a game where a win gets us a game against the US (if they finish 3rd). That could lead to a tricky situation...on paper you always play to win but funny things happened in the past which reminds me of this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4%E2%80%932_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThpYsN-4p7w

Archived