2015 CONCACAF U20 Championship - January 10 - Haiti vs. Canada [R]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on the first half: As expected, Canada stronger side is the left with Adekugbe and Petrasso. Our weakest spot is the backline; the defenders missed a lot of passes and the positioning wasn’t always good.

Also, it seems we are playing a 4-1-4-1 formation, Gagnon-Laparé is the only DMF. I don’t mind it against Haiti as they seem a weak opposition, but against a strong squad I’d prefer to see another midfielder doing the same job Gagnon-Laparé does. In other words, a 4-2-3-1 formation. I believe in a formation comprised of 2 holding midfielders since I find the most successful European clubs from La Liga and the EPL are using 2 holding midfielders.

It looked like we were going to cruise to a nice easy victory and we still might but that GK error has let Haiti back in to the match! They have some big physical lads in the back that seem to be intimidating us at times, I wonder if the heat is playing a factor here as well?

We look very disjointed. I think a combination of nerves and the unconventional tactics of Haiti. Jdl is having a shocker. Very slow and caught in possession a bunch of times. We also seem to be rushing everything. In like the quick through ball but I think the nerves are getting to them and they are forcing things. Need someone to take control in the midfield and slow things down at times.

Petrasso seems the real deal. Nanco doesn't. Agreed that we should bring on bokai or aparcio for him

Archived