Montreal vs. Pachucha in Mexico 24 Feb 2015

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, he played in Mexico. A goal from the Lord Bob playbook: a 4 year NCAA player to a 4 year NCAA player. What a composed finish by Porter. What a a great night for the Impact!

We were all disappointed when there was no Canadians in the starting lineup and when Mallace came on Barker called it, Klopas favoured him over Bernier. And then Mallace made an unbelievable pass.

Congrats on the victory. Those 2 away goals were huge. Just had to let them tie it up down south and leave the equalizer to the last minute to make it dramatic. Too funny for words. I hope this helps get your team ready for the MLS season (CBA willing). Playing real games that matter instead of warm up games could be a very positive thing. 

Oh and kudos for getting 38k out on a week night. 

Great win, but a lucky one as well. Boy did they miss some glaring chances in the first half, and then there was that Bush safe. How did that one not get in? I guess Pachuca are on a bad streak. 

But still it shows some mental strength by the team and especially that Porter. I think if he went down it would have been a penalty. Boy did he stay calm in that situation.

Congrats to Montreal, that was one of the most exciting results I've ever watched. 

Notes:

- Reo Coker was an absolute monster, is he suspended vs. Alajuense?  I noticed that on artificial turf he is unbelievable, because of the battles due to bouncing balls and his already heavy touch at times and runaway train/big body style he absolutely kills it out there. 

- Montreal was extremely lucky let's be honest the gap between MLS and FMF is pretty significant and obvious.  Watching the match as an MLS fan is frustrating because you can tell the speed is far too slow and that they need to be quicker mentally to control the match.  Montreal started to do this, they were anitcipating instead of reacting and getting results for a solid 20 minutes.  Ultimately the tying goal was a stroke of brilliance/luck and an incredible moment.

- It's funny how North American players tend to be most influential in these matches.

Archived