Montreal vs. Pachucha in Mexico 24 Feb 2015

Pachuca 2 - Impact 2

Not a bad result going into the Big Owe next week. With Pachuca being the only Mexican team on this side of the bracket, Montreal is in a pretty good position right now for a team that has been out of competition since October.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result all things considered. Not surprised that a pre-season Montreal team ran out of steam in the 2nd half against a fit Mexican side; hopefully this generates a little excitement for the home game with ticket sales picking up nicely and Joey eating his words a little ;)

What a fine performance, from what I saw last night this team should be able to do some damage.

Ciman is the real deal he owns the middle and should work well with Soumare. Mapp, Duka and Piatti were too much for Pachua's D. 

Reo Coker and Donadel did their job as did the subs.

What I especially liked is they were able to close out the last 20 minutes not giving much to Pachua's attack. 

A team that will take time to get it together, this has to be a confidence booster.

The 2 away goals means a 0-0 or 1-1 result on March 3 and the Impact are through.

Early prediction Montreal wins 3-0 next game.

I think the Impact defence set up and committment really helped in this game ... Enzo Concina the former Impact player coaching the defence has made a difference. a week more of training and playing at home in the Big O will help.

I thought the Impact counter attacked well, a few link offensive ups that were missed could have resulted in more pressure on Pachuca.

As with all things when playing Mexican teams ... clubs hold back on the energy or top roster, the late game push by Pachuca was yet an example, they will hunting for bear ..in Montreal, but they should be tired and a bit travel weary with a West Coast LA flight out on Sunday to Montrea.

Hopefully cost savings at the Big O, will mean  very cool training temperatures in the stadium for Pachuca helping them adjust to the freezing temperatures, of what is one of the coldest winters on record.

If a good crowd gets behind Montreal early...they could have a good result on Tuesday.

The Ultras who travelled were in good form for Pachuca and were loud...the Pachuca fans were very quiet for first half..much like the atmosphere in a Leafs game, but some of the hard core got into it ..in the second half. The stadium in Pachuca is a very good one, Beer at 50 peso's ... or $ 4.18 cdn for a big cup, game ticket was 20 peso's or....$1.67 Canadian.

Comparing going to Santos Laguna ... I think Santos fans were more welcoming to the Impact fans ...last time round, though the Pachuca fans were friendly... and security was fairly signifcant... encircling the visitors seating area, Pachuca as a city was very calm and felt safe, if dark at night.

Cornish pasties were the bomb... some smart Montreal chef should make a Montreal style pastie poutine.

^^^ Saw you guys several times on the telecast, thought that Sportsnet gave you fairly good visual coverage although not much commentary. I noticed you personally giving the stadium steward/security guy some advice or opinion at around the 15 to 20 minute mark. Made me chuckle, thinking back to that cow sitting behind us in Bochum in 2011 telling us to sit down. 

Finally got around to watching this. Had it on my PVR for a few days now. Good result but shame you couldn't hold on for the win. They really turned it on in the second half. Anyway 2 away goals and a draw is a great start to the season. I wonder if this will help you guys come August in Orlando? Good luck in the return leg.

What a disastrous time for the labour negotiations to hit a standstill. Hopefully it won't impact Montreal's mindset too much. The Washington Post reported that DCU players may not show up to the game tomorrow if there is still no contract (would anyone really notice - bazing!).

Archived