2014-15 TFC Offseason

Barthez-Battalion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eriq Zavaleta

Year

Club GP GS G MIN A SHT SOG FC OFF Y R 2014 Chivas USA 17 15 0 1323 0 2 1 14 0 1 0

He played at Chivas..after Seattle ...and got lots of minutes so likely a starter at TFC given how Chivas played last year as a team...

With his uncle as coach it must be clear that TFC is high on this young player.

Organizational

Nepotism can also occur within organizations, when a person is employed due to their familial ties. It is generally seen as unethical, both on the part of the employer and employee.

Bell Canada Code of Buisness Conduct

"We must not use our position to influence or bypass Bell procedures for personal gain nor for the benefit of our family, friends, colleagues or anyone else. "

http://www.bce.ca/assets/Uploads/Governance-charters-2014/Code_of_Business_Conduct_EN_v2.pdf

Eriq Zavaleta

He played at Chivas..after Seattle ...and got lots of minutes so likely a starter at TFC given how Chivas played last year as a team...

+1

Good move for TFC, bringing in a young player that can give the team plenty of starting minutes. I like it.

The club is really addressing some important issues this off season. Excited to see them come March!

Oduro had lots of ups and downs.  I didn't mind him overall but he did miss on so many shots last year.

Dave Rowaan tweeted that they're not expecting to use Wingers this year, just wide forwards.  So 4-3-3 it is I guess.

The starting 11 is shaping up now and a 4-3-3 doesn't sound that bad for this team.

Bendick

Bloom --- Caldwell --- Perquis ---- Morrow

----------Jackson---------Osorio----------------

---------------------Bradley------------------------

---Findley-------------------------Giovincio----

--------------------Altidore------------------------

That has to be the best lineup we've ever fielded doesn't it?

At this point they don't have any wingers to use, so they would have to not field them. I wouldn't be surprised if the midfield triangle was Osorio up top with Bradley & Warner behind him. I can't see Bradley wanting to play furthest up the field in a midfield trio, he seems to always want to pick up the ball deep and launch attacks that way.

If there's no wingers why not... :D

Bendick

------Jackson-----Bradley-----Cheyrou------

-----------Osorio------------Giovincio--------

--------------------Altidore---------------------

Bendick

I'd replace Jackson with Warner but other than that it looks like a pretty damn good line up

-----------------------Bendick---------------

Bloom---Caldwell--Perquis--Morrow

-----------------------Cheyrou-------------------

-----------------Bradley---------------------------

-------------------------Osorio--------------------

Moore-------------Altidore--------Jackson

When Giovinco comes in summer, he takes over Osorio, who then moves into Jacksons spot.

Only 1 concern player in that line up. Looking scary!

At the end of the day we're just proposing variants of the 4-3-3 that it seems we want to play.  For the first time probably ever we have the kind of roster quality to play that kind of game.

Bez has built a talented and deep team.  It should be fun to watch.

What do we do against teams with wingers?

Bendick

I like the idea of Gio as one of the FWs.  It allows you to get one of your best players to take on what is typically a MLS team's weakest spot on the field in the LB  or RB who are often minimally paid and underwhelming. 

I can also see him playing in the hole as well and someone else like Findley dropping out wide.  From the sounds of it that will be the primary idea. 

If Gio isn't playing left wing or trequarista I'll be disappointed, great point by agfutbol on the fullbacks being the weak spots of MLS teams I've thought that for years.  Playing Gio out wide or in a role where he finds himself wide not only makes it harder for him to be surrounded and closed down but it also gives him more 1 v 1 battles against weak spots on teams and consistently too. 

----------------------Altidore----------------

-----------Giovinco---------------------------

Osorio----Cheyrou----Bradley----Jackson

or if you think Jackson is god awful like 99% of us:

----------------------Altidore----------------

-----------Moore---------------------------

Giovinco----Cheyrou----Bradley----Osorio

Personally I like the latter, though it's a shame to put Osorio wide it is what it is.  That formation also gives you 2 left footers whereas the first only has Cheyrou, who will presumably be deep.  

How about a 4-2-3-1?

With Bradley and Cheyrou as defensive mid's behind the attacking 4.

Bloom ----Peruis - Caldwell - Morrow  (Although, I like Hagglund which gives us another option in corners).

---------   Bradley   --------    Cheyrou ----------

Osorio -------------Giovinco-------------Gilberto (I'm an optimist :) or take your pick)

---------------------- Altidore -----------------------

How about a 4-2-3-1?

With Bradley and Cheyrou as defensive mid's behind the attacking 4.

Bloom ----Peruis - Caldwell - Morrow  (Although, I like Hagglund which gives us another option in corners).

---------   Bradley   --------    Cheyrou ----------

Osorio -------------Giovinco-------------Gilberto (I'm an optimist :) or take your pick)

---------------------- Altidore -----------------------

Just watched an interview with Vanney on the TFC website and it sounds like it will be, as expected, a 4-2-3-1.  When asked about the role of the wide players in the "3" (Giovinco obviously being in the middle), Vanney mentioned Osorio, Lovitz, Findley & Jackson as the front runners for those spots but also said Chapman & even Hamilton could slot into those roles as they have both played there in training camp thus far.

Just watched an interview with Vanney on the TFC website and it sounds like it will be, as expected, a 4-2-3-1.  When asked about the role of the wide players in the "3" (Giovinco obviously being in the middle), Vanney mentioned Osorio, Lovitz, Findley & Jackson as the front runners for those spots but also said Chapman & even Hamilton could slot into those roles as they have both played there in training camp thus far.

I think it makes sense having Bradley and Cheyrou protecting our aging or baby faced backline.

I would choose Lovitz over Findley and Jackson. The kid ran down the line like a man possessed and wanting to impress. Not sure if Vanney will use him over vetarns though. Chapman will be interesting, I didn't think Bekker would get any time in Toronto, but he saw more of the pitch than I thought he deserved. So maybe Chapman is given the chance.

Findley ... ugh ... I feel like he will be another in a long line of Eric Hassli's, The Injured Dutch, Convey's, etc, just somebody to fill in the roster.

Hamilton is a better 9 than a 7, he's not ready .

IF by some miracle we keep Gilberto the front line would be the most well rounded and complete, in MLS.

Archived