2014-15 TFC Offseason

Barthez-Battalion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone want DeRo back this year? What did he do on the pitch last year? How did his "leadership" guide TFC to success. Please don't sign him again.

Because the roster has to be filled out with bodies, some who won't play at all. If he takes a big pay cut it might as well be him. He serves a purpose from a marketing stand point as he's probably one of the few names that's recognized by the General public.

DeRo   will  probabley  come  back  to  TFC    as   a  Trainer  similar  to  the   role  that  Brennan   had.  .   Like  JPG75    said  we  need  to  replace   Henry   with  a  solid  CB   and savings   will  help    And  I  think  the  Frenchmen  Collinn    is  the  man.  

Wow.  Bloom unprotected, but they protect Warner and Creavalle?  I don't understand unless Bloom requested this to go to Orlando to be closer to his family.

I told Caps fans that they would be very happy with Laba.  Unfortunately, it looks like we got very little back for him.

Wow.  Bloom unprotected, but they protect Warner and Creavalle?  I don't understand unless Bloom requested this to go to Orlando to be closer to his family.

I don't understand the surprise around Bloom.  He's an adequate RB.  That's about it.  Creavalle could fill in for him in a heartbeat (and probably Warner too if need be) and he can also play other positions as well.

He's good for his price point, but he's not "good" in terms of talent.  I doubt he's coveted all that much across the league.

you'd be surprised how many MLS teams would like a half decent fullback on min salary. you can never have too much depth, esp for cheap

Agreed on Bloom. Kid is cheap and the exact type of talent you want to keep around. Saying that... This is the expansion draft and there are better options out there as well as Orlando already has the RB spot covered in Rafael Ramos. It's one of those risks you play, like Caldwell.

I think Bloom showed this year he is a starting quality full back in MLS. He wouldn't look out of place on any starting 11 in my opinion. It is not that he offers a tremendous deal going forward, but he is a decent defender, adequate in possession, and just all around steady, dependable and consistent. Sometimes, that is worth it. Not every team needs a DeAndre Yedllin for a wing back. 

I agree Lovitz is overrated, but I don't see much whinging about him being exposed. I don't think Bloom is overrated. I just think he is actually worth something, rather than just be given away.

Mock draft on MLS site has him going 3rd overall.

Archived