2014-15 TFC Offseason

Barthez-Battalion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oduro had lots of ups and downs.  I didn't mind him overall but he did miss on so many shots last year.

Dave Rowaan tweeted that they're not expecting to use Wingers this year, just wide forwards.  So 4-3-3 it is I guess.

The starting 11 is shaping up now and a 4-3-3 doesn't sound that bad for this team.

Bendick

Bloom --- Caldwell --- Perquis ---- Morrow

----------Jackson---------Osorio----------------

---------------------Bradley------------------------

---Findley-------------------------Giovincio----

--------------------Altidore------------------------

That has to be the best lineup we've ever fielded doesn't it?

Wingers are wide forwards. And Jackson is not a DM or a CM so that starting line up would not ever happen.

I'm watching TFC vs NY Red Bulls, 2-0 Red Bulls in he 75th min.......and I can honestly say I don't think TFC will do well this year even with their signings. Surprisingly MTL Impact looked more threathening last night in CCL without breaking the bank!

Is it Vanney? I just don't understand. Is it the MLSE curse?

I'm watching TFC vs NY Red Bulls, 2-0 Red Bulls in he 75th min.......and I can honestly say I don't think TFC will do well this year even with their signings. Surprisingly MTL Impact looked more threathening last night in CCL without breaking the bank!

Are there any certain starters on the field for TFC right now? Makes it kind of hard to judge.

TFC played their 2nd squad tonight - none of those big signings you are referring to played any part of the match.  New York went with their first team in the first half and then their 2nd team in the 2nd half. This put TFC's squad on the day at a disadvantage in both halves, as they faced a fresh 2nd string team in the 2nd half after they had already played 45 minutes against the first team in the first half. So yeah, I guess you could blame Vanney for that deliberate coaching decision but given that it is pre-season and the point was to give the 2nd stringers a 90 minute match in pre-season, the blame would be kind of pointless.

If it was their 2nd line we better hope no one from the starting line up gets hurt.

Right, because the 2nd stringers being unlucky to lose the 1st half to NYRB's first stringers and then having to face and entirely different, fresh team in the 2nd half in a pre-season game obviously means that if just one of the first stringers gets hurt during the regular season, it will be utter disaster for TFC this year.

Archived