Athletes Receiving AAP Support as of September 1, 2014

BuzzAndSting

Interesting to note that Fraser Aird received $7 800.

That is interesting.  Should professional athletes be receiving these funds?  Does Hockey Canada give money to NHL/AHL players?

Anyway, I hope we can take this as a sign that Fraser is indeed in the Canadian ranks for the U20 and Olympic programs.   If not, the CSA have some 'splainin to do.

Does the government not know that some of these athletes are on professional contracts.  I find it a bid odd when they keep on saying that we don't have the resources to do this that and we are giving money to athletes who are considered professional I just don't get it, what a joke.

Some of those Curlers on that list make a prettty hefty amount at Briers Scotties and skins games as well. Are they considered amateur? Not sure if some of them should be receiving funding.

I don't see many curlers who only do that for a living. Usually, it's more for people participating at World Championships or Olympics where they give those grants.

I don't see many curlers who only do that for a living. Usually, it's more for people participating at World Championships or Olympics where they give those grants.

ya i was referring to Jenneifer Jones, Kevin Koe and Brad Jacobs and their rinks who are on the list and usually make a pretty penny at cash tournaments.

Archived