Whitecaps 2014-15 Offseason

tmcmurph

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Zanatta trial is not with his favourite club AC Milan, but with IFK Goteborg in Sweden. There seems to be a connection with the Caps, as Mattocks trialed there early in the year.

Good luck to him wherever he's trialing at. He's been with the Caps academy since 2011 so on one hand it's sad to see him leave but it is bound to happen. IFK Gotenborg are a solid side. Runner up in 2014 and a 18k stadium capacity. 

Oh and the kid like voice on some of the Caps interviews may be Tristan who got his own page on the Caps site:

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2015/02/must-see-tristan-junior-reporter-valentines-day

I do not think that the caps had anything to do with Zanatta being at the club, as he left the club and is not signed by the caps from i have heard

It seems a bit harsh that the kid would up and leave Vancouver without consulting the club. Especially since the 'Caps have shown they have plenty of connections abroad, and are willing to help their prospects with their careers elsewhere. Why burn those bridges if it's not needed? I hope that's not true.

Yeah I watched the first half - Bustos was extremely impressive all around. He has incredible feet. Can combine well with other players but can also turn quickly to elude defenders. Very excited and hope he makes plenty of first team appearances this season.

I do not think that the caps had anything to do with Zanatta being at the club, as he left the club and is not signed by the caps from i have heard

Already getting some press in Sweden: http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/jag-ar-har-for-att-visa-ifks-klubbledning/

Says he is willing to sign a youth contract and try and work his way into the first team.

Already getting some press in Sweden: http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/jag-ar-har-for-att-visa-ifks-klubbledning/

Says he is willing to sign a youth contract and try and work his way into the first team.

Strange situation. Maybe he thinks he has a better shot of making it to the first team in Europe? Can't say I blame him. USL PRO teams will help, but still, it's tough for academy graduates to get a sniff of regular first team minutes in MLS.

People who watch the Caps youth teams a lot more than me, have said that his goal scoring record is not a true reflection of his quality as a player. I've heard that both Daniel Sagno and Terran Campbell are considered better prospects at striker.

I disagree. I like Zanatta as a player. Solid finisher with a good footballing brain. I would need to see how he continues to develop physically, but I would say he is definitely a prospect. Maybe not a blue chipper, but pro potential is there.

So much of Sagno's game is based on speed. In my opinion, a poor mans Kekuta Manneh right now.

I need to watch more of Campbell. Sometime he looks great, sometimes he looks clumsy. Have seen him score a couple of great goals.

Archived