Doneil Henry leaving TFC for Europe?

BrennanFan

Edu had a solid run at Rangers, I wouldn't call him a bust. Cameron was part of the Stoke U.S. signings, and has done well for them. At Championship level, the U.S. has a lot of players: Jonathan Spector, Emmerson Hyndman, Danny Williams, Eric Lichaj and Zak Whitbread are the ones that come to mind. They also have players starting in the top leagues in Germany, Netherlands and France. I'm sure they could be doing better but they have much more representation than us.

Yes, but the post you were replying to uses the word "produce" ... German-produced players aside, your list gets a lot shorter.  Not to mention Mix and Aron.  These guys aside, they have 1 player that I can think of in Holland (Rubin) and 1 in France (Bedoya).  They do have a few good Championship players (you left Ream off your list), but once you take away their recent success at convincing duals to play for them, there isn't even close to as much as there could/should be given the size of the country.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, in 2013, Yedlin was selected by Don Garber as an all-star. (Commisionner's pick)

Correct and it's no conspiracy that USSF and MLS are in bed. USSF selects who they want to be in WC cycles (now and in the future) and MLS promotes the shit out of them and gives them every opportunity. Total USMNT youth duds get invited to the combine over players both US and Canadian who had better NCAA careers. Bit of a rant sorry but, yeah, I've thought for a couple years if Henry was American he'd be touted non-stop.

The definition of a "conspiracy" is a joint effort by groups or persons to bring about a desired result, typically to someone elses detriment.

So let's put things into context, shall we?

The definition of a "conspiracy" is a joint effort by groups (MLS and USSF) or persons to bring about a desired result (USMNT success), typically to someone elses detriment (CMNT).

Sounds like a great theroy to me!

:P

Agreed - good interview from the lad.  Good luck to him.  Let's hope we get an update in the not-to-distant future.  Not sure what the good position for WHU in the standing means for his chances - on one hand, the pressure of relegation is off, on the other, there may be a bit of ambition on the squad.  Still, a tough month for the team now with the African players away on duty at CAN.

Big Sam is probably going to make at least one CB in the summer. I can't see Henry being relied on just yet, esp if West Ham gets into CL or Europa League

I think if they get into Europe they will rely on him more, not in those games but it would mean opportunity for League Cup and FA Cup games.

(shrugs) Yedlin certainly has the talent to crack Tottenham's lineup.  I'm no Yank lover, but I'm calling it like I see it, the kid has game.  This was more about match fitness than anything, I'd be more than happy to see Henry getting some U-21 time so they can eye his match fitness...it wouldn't mean anything to me one way or the other regarding his chances at the West Ham lineup.  

That would make it all the more important we get our ranking back below 70. Long way to go but I think we can do it.

The process for getting a UK work permit may be about to get infinitely more difficult for our boys.http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-intends-to-close-work-permit-loophole-to-protect-english-talent-9976354.html#

Archived