Doneil Henry leaving TFC for Europe?

BrennanFan

Maybe I am not getting something.   I realize that level of player is not going through passing drills like 14 year olds, but the coaching staff doesn't work on things with players? They go through set piece drills and a coach says to Henry "Your a big strong lad, you should try this.....and maybe you'll knock a few more in".  I would think having Henry hang out with Winston Ried and pick his brain, learn his technique, compete with him, learn how he approachs training etc would be better experience for him than playing with TFC.

Half the board howls when guys drop a division and see it as a downward carerr tragectorie, waste of time in the lower league.  If he stays I wonder if another few months with west ham riding the pine will really hurt him that much??   I am sure the time he has spent with the Hammers and even Blackburn have been great for his overall skill level.  

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need to remember though that being on a reserve side in England is not the same as Germany or Spain, for example. IMO for him to continue to improve, he needs minutes in meaningful games. I don't think we're going to see him get significant time at West Ham and if a Championship team wants him and is willing to allow him to start each week then that would be his best move.

Archived