Doneil Henry leaving TFC for Europe?

BrennanFan

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC match commentary for Henry's game today

6:55 Foul by Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers).

37:06 Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

64:13 Attempt missed. Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers) header from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Craig Conway with a cross following a corner.

65:20 Foul by Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers).

65:20 Emile Heskey (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

84:15 Foul by Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers).

84:15 Craig Davies (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

84:21 Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

87:59 Foul by Doneil Henry (Blackburn Rovers).

87:59 Matt Mills (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

93:45 Goal! Blackburn Rovers 1, Bolton Wanderers 0. Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Doneil Henry with a headed pass following a corner.

268CC74300000578-0-image-m-14_1426111157

It feels good seeing Henry prove all his doubters wrong.

It's early yet but I agree with you, it was really pissing me off hearing all these TFC experts slagging him continually, most of whom barely pay attention to the match! Hopefully Henry continues to develop, it was a great move getting out of TFC IMHO!

It's early yet but I agree with you, it was really pissing me off hearing all these TFC experts slagging him continually, most of whom barely pay attention to the match! Hopefully Henry continues to develop, it was a great move getting out of TFC IMHO!

It was not just TFC experts slagging him, it was CANMNT experts slagging him also.

Playing regularly in the Championship is much better for his development than being in West Ham's reserves. West Ham won't have loaned him out at this level unless they think he should be able to claim a place in the starting lineup. 

Great that he gets the confidence of the Blackburn manager. If he continues putting on performances like this, you can actually see him having a shot in the Premier League.

I agree.  I read a year or two ago on here that he was "the worst starting CB in MLS."

Very interesting.  Very glad to hear he's doing well.

If henry is playing so well do we move edgar to RB. Pair henry with jakovic or hainault or vittoria and de jong at left back?

Pretty good line up.

If Vitoria commits to us:

De Jong    |    Vitoria    |    Henry    |    Edgar

That would be a great line.

Henry is inexperience and his style of play wouldn't fly with CONCACAF refs.  I don't think he's ready to play CB for national team until his game mature.   

I'd second that, I also think that's the reason Floro doesn't rate Jakovic.  Jakovic is too much of a David Luiz type for Floro, he needs a rock central defender who can play a pass out of the back.. simple as.  I think that Edgar and Hainault would probably be his default CB pairing.. they are our two most experienced central defenders and decent enough on the ball.  For me, this is the reason we've seen Henry at RB.. Floro won't use him at CB unless it's an emergency so he wants to find a role for him.

Henry is inexperience and his style of play wouldn't fly with CONCACAF refs.  I don't think he's ready to play CB for national team until his game mature.   

So, we turn away a Championship level defender (so far) on the books with an EPL team and pencil in some guy from Portugal sight-unseen?  Interesting.

At what point does he become experienced? He's played for Canada at every level. He's played in MLS for 5 years. He's trained in the Premier League he's started in the Championship.

Eventually you gotta let the kid play. 

I'd second that, I also think that's the reason Floro doesn't rate Jakovic.  Jakovic is too much of a David Luiz type for Floro, he needs a rock central defender who can play a pass out of the back.. simple as.  I think that Edgar and Hainault would probably be his default CB pairing.. they are our two most experienced central defenders and decent enough on the ball.  For me, this is the reason we've seen Henry at RB.. Floro won't use him at CB unless it's an emergency so he wants to find a role for him.

How is Hainault more experienced than Jakovic?

Jakovic is starting, Hainault lost his starting spot that he had at the beginning of the year. 

Do you mean NT caps? One has 40 the other 20. 

Jakovic is playing more regularly at the moment though. 

How is Hainault more experienced than Jakovic?

Jakovic is starting, Hainault lucky to come off the bench in 2. Bundesliga. 

He may be starting but Hainault is arguably at a bigger/tougher club to crack.  "Lucky" to come off the bench?  Well ya, he's a defender.

Hainault is more experienced any way you want to flip it.  More youth experience, more senior experience, more professional matches/years, more meaningful matches for Canada...

Jakovic has accumulated some decent experience as well but Hainault has always been the better defender for Canada and even when they were in MLS together he was always regarded as a better defender. 

41 caps (28) vs. 20 caps (29)

Archived