Olivier Occean

Canadian Pride

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His suspension is a bit ridiculous. If I recall correctly, he pushed a Cuba player (in WCQ) after an incident that had to do with a goal we scored seconds earlier. It was a debatable red card, much less a suspension from international football that's spanned about two years.

He didn't get a 6 match ban because he pushed the Cuban goalkeeper, Molina. It's because he did something to a FIFA official that he got that amount. A CSA official had to restrain him from what I recall reading.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1) Olivier has extended his contract at Odd until 2017.

http://www.varden.no/sport/olivier-occean-blir-i-odd-ut-2017-1.1427562

2)

Agreed. There has to be at least some diologue between the two. Floro has never seen him in camp. Bring him into a  camp and see if he likes his qualities, both physical and mental. If Floro doesn't like his attitude, never call him up again. But due dilligance is required to evaluate his qualities in person in at least one camp, especially given his goal scoring exploits of late. One injury to Larin/ Akindele and our attack really loses some bite. We don't have the depth and Occean could provide that.

Also his suspension is FINALLY up. 3 year suspension. wowzers. Just shows how few competitive games Canada gets to play.

What do you guys think, now that his long suspension is over?

Should we call him back from the other side of the Occean? or should he remain the Odd man out?

3) Does anybody have any info on what Floro thinks of him?

Can he play defensive midfield??

Hang your head to shame. It's not like Canada has zero forwards in their line-up right now. I do think that Occéan has something to bring to this team. I fully know that there are some people on here that think badly of Occéan because of his suspension, him dribbling the ball into the net and his calling out of Steven Hart, but strikers are different people and I wonder how he would work with Floro though.

him dribbling the ball into the net and his calling out of Steven Hart, but strikers are different people and I wonder how he would work with Floro though.

Have you been following the Haitian team in this Gold Cup as well Fred?

Imagine what they would think if Jeff Louis played for us!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article27163066.html

Have you been following the Haitian team in this Gold Cup as well Fred?

Imagine what they would think if Jeff Louis played for us!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article27163066.html

Yes, I've seen that. The FHF press release made me laugh. I talked to contatcts and they've told me that Haiti is undisciplined. I wasn't surprised to see that.

Anyways, Occéan wanted that Canada not bring an amateur coach who had so many great years at Edmonton Scottish. (No offense on Scottish, I took them because I believe that they are a great team) Floro needs to talk to Occéan to gauge his interest though.I still think that Larin is too young, and he could be ready in 1 year to be a force in CONCACAF, but if you have a motivated Occéan, I don't see why it would be a bad idea. The guy will be under contract until the end of WCQ.

big fan of his football,  he is vastly experienced and he can hold on the pressure of leading the attacking line , can hold and shield the ball a la MARK VIDUKA

he is a missed man, and the few games that ive watched him play for the canadian team, he was really comitted and performed very well,.. dont know why he got suspended for too long like   LUIS SUAREZ...

since CANADA has not scored a single goal in the last GOLD CUPS without OCCEAN as #9  he is a must for the next roster.  

Olivier Occéan has six goals in 29 matches for Canada. Most, if not all, coming against minnows (weaker opposition than what was faced in the Gold). Larin already has half as many goals as him in only 9 matches.

I don't see Olivier Occéan all of a sudden becoming a goal scoring threat.

Hang your head to shame. It's not like Canada has zero forwards in their line-up right now. I do think that Occéan has something to bring to this team. I fully know that there are some people on here that think badly of Occéan because of his suspension, him dribbling the ball into the net and his calling out of Steven Hart, but strikers are different people and I wonder how he would work with Floro though.

errrr... i was being sarcastic about the defensive mid thing. You know Floro loving the defensive mids?

Olivier Occéan has six goals in 29 matches for Canada. Most, if not all, coming against minnows (weaker opposition than what was faced in the Gold). Larin already has half as many goals as him in only 9 matches.

I don't see Olivier Occéan all of a sudden becoming a goal scoring threat.

I do.

We don't have the luxury of thinking he probably wouldn't score. At this point we should do our due dilligance and call him up to see him in camp.

Occean did very well last WCQ cycle. His game is much more than just scoring. If we're going to play with one striker he can hold up hte ball and play back to goal setting up our wingers.

Half of those caps you mention were 10 years ago.

Its time he gets called up for a look by floro.

Despite his off the field issues (which were 3 years ago and for another coach) we cannot ignore a player like this who is scoring regularly at a good level. Not when we have such extreme issues scoring goals.

Scored a brace of continental goals today in the europa league vs Keith Fahey's and Samian Duff's Shamrock Rovers  away in Dublin.  i think he reads this forums and got some motivation from people's recognition , comme ça une petit peu de français pour le bon joeur Olivier.  

Actually he scored 9 goals for his team's last 17 games , since May 10th 

Archived