NCAA Canadian Prospects 2014 (Weekly Updates)

DigzTFC

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Callum Irving is supposed to be one of the best keepers in the NCAA also I believe Camargo is supposed to be one of the better players this coming season.

Last I heard he's not on TFC's homegrown list either, so he would be subjected to the MLS Superdraft. ( I could be wrong though, but if I'm wrong I could've been right)

Callum Irving is supposed to be one of the best keepers in the NCAA also I believe Camargo is supposed to be one of the better players this coming season.

He's probably the best Canadian in NCAA right now along with Laryea, Nanco, Halis, Huitema, Awuah..  

Also Nolan Wirth must be highly rated too.  He was pretty good for our U20s at times.

I will offer this info - I saw these guys play at the Sigma showcase, and as a comparison to Sigma who have turned into a real NCAA talent producer, I thought a few of the Vaughan kids had overall a better raw athletic skill set. Sigma has some very good players too that I think will end up at top programs, but their difference is they develop them under a specific system and set of techniques that is attractive to certain programs and pro clubs who value this (i.e. 4-3-3, 1v1 abilities, technical passing etc). I am not surprised some of them are off to top school as they were impressive, and I'd expect to hear about some of the Sigma kids in this age group soon as well.

That's the thing though- the development process isn't necessarily about getting the best athletes; that's for the track team.  What Canada needs is soccer players with technical abilty.  The fact that Sigma has kids developing skills over athletes is a good thing and there's probably a reason why they're being recruited by NCAA teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived