Milan Borjan

Ruffian

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Can anyone translate?

Basically for the first question the interviewer asked him him if it was the biggest save of his career and Borjan said yes and he thanked the fans for support and atmosphere and credited them for being the 12th player.

On the second question he answered that the win was a great accomplishment for the Club, players coaching staff and all of Serbia. and he he thanked the fans again.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

With the group led by AC Milan, it is the hardest in this Europa League, IMO. They are also the last ranked in their group, so getting into knock-out would be a bit step. 

They do have that stadium as an advantage for group stage ties.

Red Star are in a group with Arsenal not AC Milan, or am i missing something? 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RickC said:

Check out this Youtube video of Borjan highlights. Includes Canada matches at about the 4:00 and 6:30 mark. It was put together to show Milan as Red Star Belgrade's transfer target. Best to have the sound off (not great music). Quite the shot stopper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz8jLHD3kFk

Highlight videos with loud eurodance music is my biggest pet peeve. That and the all caps ridiculous titles of the videos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I had no idea that "fk crvena zvezda" was Red Star Belgrade.  Fired on the Arsenal Europa League game and saw a familiar looking keeper.

Bottom line - Milan's team is currently tied 0-0 with Arsenal and Milan is on TSN4 right now.  Go Belgrade!

I thought the same thing. Especially when there is another Serbian team Rad Beograd.

I think it's time to give Borjan some serious props! When was the last time we had a keeper starting for a Europa/Champions League team? (Lars in 2007?) When was the last time we had a keeper shutout a team like Arsenal? I'm really glad he's finally found a consistent starting gig and on a club in the Europa league and with a major domestic following. The guy bleeds red and white and carries his balls around in a wheelbarrow, and he deserves the success he's found this year. I hope it lasts and I hope some of the struggles and frustrations he's had at other clubs just makes it all that much sweeter for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Guzan? Horvath? Hamid? 3 guys off the top who could lay claim to that as well. There's also likely several Liga MX guys who are up there. Costa Rica has a good back up keeper too I think. Plays with Tranzonspor I think, which are probably equal to or greater than Red Star.

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Borjan has always been a great shot stopper. It's his distribution and crazy brain cramps that are the issues

Distribution isn't an issue for Borjan. He has used his kicking as a weapon more than once, putting pressure on the other team defenders and sometimes you can get a breakaway from it.

4 hours ago, aloyol said:

Distribution isn't an issue for Borjan. He has used his kicking as a weapon more than once, putting pressure on the other team defenders and sometimes you can get a breakaway from it.

Yes he has a strong kick and in Turkey it was used several times to set up breakaway opportunities which sometimes led to goals. I am not sure why no Canadian manager has ever tried this with him. Borjan is a top notch keeper who makes too many flubs, if he can get rid of the flubs he should be able to play in higher leagues. Hopefully playing regularly with Red Star will help him in that regard

7 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Borjan has always been a great shot stopper. It's his distribution and crazy brain cramps that are the issues

As above, hopefully is starting consistently for once will help hime work the kinks out of his game. And if so, he would certainly be up there with the top keepers in CONCACAF

• 4 weeks later...

Archived