Ben Fisk

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

I know little about Norther Ireland’s league...how’s the level of play? Comp? First league all full timers? Any insights are helpful 

Derry started playing in the Republic in the 80s after the violence of the Troubles had made football games there very dangerous due to their home stadium's proximity to the Bogside neighbourhood and security forces' refusal to go there for their own safety.

Only a few LOI Premier division clubs are proper full-time outfits as the league has struggled with financing and attendance for a long time. That said, the quality of play is much better than the wages would indicate, as players regularly move back and forth between the LOI and League One and League Two in England. Some of the league's best players have moved on to careers in the Championship and the English and Scottish Premierships as well (including former Derry City player James McClean).

Playing in Ireland at least right now could be good for him and who knows maybe if he does really well there then it could be enough for him to move to another European club in another European league.

1 hour ago, Tg11 said:

Playing in Ireland at least right now could be good for him and who knows maybe if he does really well there then it could be enough for him to move to another European club in another European league.

Nah I think he’ll move to a european club in a Asian league 

He wants to stay in Europe. I can't say as I blame him even though he did say he is not ruling out USL however if he truly wants to evolve into a better player staying in Europe may prove beneficial.

• 7 months later...

Archived