Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

30 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I wonder if any of these guys give a rats ass about some vocal minority on social media??  His coach doesnt, Herdman doesnt.  He had some very nice play for us last go round.  I wonder how much of the hate he gets is from his opinions on social issues and has nothing to do with his soccer.  

Sadly they probably do give a rats ass. Limiting who can comment on his posts shows that it does bug him at least a bit.. it’s sad because we know how much passion Mark plays with for club and country. 

edit: misread your post, based off of what people are saying its seemingly about his play. Who knows though, his social issue opinions couldve been what triggered people to dislike him. 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Kaye's views seem to be the norm for LAFC fans, at least on reddit, and that's where he gets torched regularly, so I doubt his views have anything to do with him becoming the whipping boy. 

If he held similiar views to deLeon this idea would have merit.

I tried googling but could not find anything about Nick Deleon's views. What are they in a nutshell? 

29 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Kaye's views seem to be the norm for LAFC fans, at least on reddit, and that's where he gets torched regularly, so I doubt his views have anything to do with him becoming the whipping boy. 

If he held similiar views to deLeon this idea would have merit.

I don't think Reddit is a good indicator typically the average Reddit user shares similar views as Kaye but LAFC fans as a whole may not agree with Kaye's views

He's going back to the stage where he was "discovered by MLS/Bob Bradley" in 2017, but this time on a much stronger CMNT. I suspect MAK and the Canadian players on the 3 MLS CDN teams are probably pumped to leave for the GC. Looking for him to have a strong GC

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

I don't think Reddit is a good indicator typically the average Reddit user shares similar views as Kaye but LAFC fans as a whole may not agree with Kaye's views

From what I can tell most people in the MLS subreddit support the same ideas Kaye does and that seems to hold true regardless of club affiliation.

Poor play is the halmark of every whipping boy, whether it is Tosaint Ricketts, Eric Zavaleta, or Mark Anthony Kaye.

As Canadian fans, we're naturally going to back him up and even go as far as searching for other reasons that may explain the hate, but I have never seen a whipping boy who was consistently brilliant on the field.

My read on it is that Kaye runs hot and cold, but since LAFC are not getting results his mistakes are going under the microscope.

Furthermore, he is the oldest of that midfield trio, thus he is likely viewed as the most replacable. Young ecuadorian international Cinfuentes is still behind him, which surely irks the "play your kids" crowd.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

He's going back to the stage where he was "discovered by MLS/Bob Bradley" in 2017, but this time on a much stronger CMNT. I suspect MAK and the Canadian players on the 3 MLS CDN teams are probably pumped to leave for the GC. Looking for him to have a strong GC

Needs to be far more consistent and club level to maximize his opportunities overseas.  If he played for LAFC like he did for Canada, week in, week out, I think he would be primed for a move.  Nobody wants to sign a guy who plays, at times, like he can't get any better than he already is.  I think Kaye will figure this out, but I am a tad worried.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, Obinna said:

Furthermore, he is the oldest of that midfield trio, thus he is likely viewed as the most replacable. Young ecuadorian international Cinfuentes is still behind him, which surely irks the "play your kids" crowd.

He might be losing his starting spot to Cinfuentes.  Cinfuentes replaced him last game and scored.  Cinfuentes also started tonights game and scored (I guess Kaye has joined Canada).  Not looking good for Kaye when he returns to LAFC.

5 minutes ago, costarg said:

He might be losing his starting spot to Cinfuentes.  Cinfuentes replaced him last game and scored.  Cinfuentes also started tonights game and scored (I guess Kaye has joined Canada).  Not looking good for Kaye when he returns to LAFC.

Maybe it will be the chain reaction that sees him get out of LA.  The team has generally been good to/for him but you get the sense that it is time for a change.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

• 3 weeks later...

I am usually a guy about "now" (i.e. Mexico semi focus) but....

The chemistry between him and Eustaquio is very clear.  Should the rest of this tournament continue to see this pairing thrive, does he go to the bench in favour of a willing and available legend (Hutch) come September?  Or will Herdman use all three and drop Osorio?  

2 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I am usually a guy about "now" (i.e. Mexico semi focus) but....

The chemistry between him and Eustaquio is very clear.  Should the rest of this tournament continue to see this pairing thrive, does he go to the bench in favour of a willing and available legend (Hutch) come September?  Or will Herdman use all three and drop Osorio?  

We have three matches over seven days in that first window. We’re not going to go with one XI and there’s going to be a ton of rotation. People keep talking about a “best XI” but that will mostly be irrelevant in the Ocho

10 hours ago, Floortom said:

We have three matches over seven days in that first window. We’re not going to go with one XI and there’s going to be a ton of rotation. People keep talking about a “best XI” but that will mostly be irrelevant in the Ocho

I am curious to see how many players will be involved in the rotation during these stretches and in which matches certain players will be sitting (if healthy and not suspended).  The key is getting points and goal difference margins against the lesser ranked sides:  that has been the historical difference maker in larger qualifying groups.

All things being equal, I would think you'd be going with your best three man grouping in central midfield to start two of those games, perhaps changè one or possibly two for the other.  Granted, certain guys fit better in specific situations:  Osorio, for instance, is a really good road player.  But for other areas, like the back three, I don't see significant rotation happening.

Using all five subs is another way we may see a sort of in-match rotation happening.  Prior results will dictate how interchange with starters will take place.  

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I am curious to see how many players will be involved in the rotation during these stretches and in which matches certain players will be sitting (if healthy and not suspended).  The key is getting points and goal difference margins against the lesser ranked sides:  that has been the historical difference maker in larger qualifying groups.

All things being equal, I would think you'd be going with your best three man grouping in central midfield to start two of those games, perhaps changè one or possibly two for the other.  Granted, certain guys fit better in specific situations:  Osorio, for instance, is a really good road player.  But for other areas, like the back three, I don't see significant rotation happening.

Using all five subs is another way we may see a sort of in-match rotation happening.  Prior results will dictate how interchange with starters will take place.  

I’m with you on this. Everyone keeps talking about all this rotation that will take place, but I don’t see it. Our superstars will not miss games, and our back line will mostly stay the same. So who’s going to come out? I think we play our strongest side every match, with changes in the lineup due to tactics and opponent specific game plans, not due to rest.

3 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I’m with you on this. Everyone keeps talking about all this rotation that will take place, but I don’t see it. Our superstars will not miss games, and our back line will mostly stay the same. So who’s going to come out? I think we play our strongest side every match, with changes in the lineup due to tactics and opponent specific game plans, not due to rest.

I would be very surprised if our players played 3 games in 7 days plus travel (from clubs locations and between matches) with no one being rested. Tactics will be changed slightly due to matchups, of course, but there will be multiple factors for any changes, with rest being one of them. That, to me, is simply a matter of maximizing performances and minimizing risk of injury.  

21 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

I would be very surprised if our players played 3 games in 7 days plus travel (from clubs locations and between matches) with no one being rested. Tactics will be changed slightly due to matchups, of course, but there will be multiple factors for any changes, with rest being one of them. That, to me, is simply a matter of maximizing performances and minimizing risk of injury.  

I’m sure there may be some players rested, but I don’t think to the extent that some are making it seem. Davies, David, Eustaquio will all start every match and probably play close to 90 minutes every game unless there is a couple goal lead. The back line will be 3 of Kennedy (assuming he’s still ahead of Miller), Vitoria, Henry, Johnston every match. Larin, if healthy, probably starts every match. Realistically, you’re probably only going to see maybe 14 guys start a match. And there will be multiple players who probably don’t even see the field.