Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 10:23 PM, Bikerack said:

MAK has had a pretty good year between his club making the USL final and starting for us in the gold cup

is there any rumours of him moving clubs ? He's still really young and has tons of potential 

doubt it. He's not a starter for his team.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, jpg75 said:

He started 14 of the 22 matches he played in after missing a couple of months due to injury. Scored 4 goals too.

http://www.louisvillecityfc.com/2017-player-stats

If the Caps need more Cancon should they jettison Teibert, they could sign him.  Has the size, athleticism, and some versatility that Robbo could find useful

28 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

If the Caps need more Cancon should they jettison Teibert, they could sign him.  Has the size, athleticism, and some versatility that Robbo could find useful

He's not starting level for the Caps. I'd rather him start a full year for the first time in USL next season than get 400 minutes on the Caps. His competition for bench minutes in attacking midfield would include Davies, Chung, and Bustos anyways...him joining that Caps only results in less Canadian pro minutes.

12 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

He's not starting level for the Caps. I'd rather him start a full year for the first time in USL next season than get 400 minutes on the Caps. His competition for bench minutes in attacking midfield would include Davies, Chung, and Bustos anyways...him joining that Caps only results in less Canadian pro minutes.

I think Bustos will be following the path of ex-TFCers Manny Aparicio and Chris Mannella:  stay on the roster for a couple of years then get jettisoned.  Chung gets to be the next man up, so to speak.  Levis, on the other hand, will probably get another season to build upon his brief first impressions prior to his cruciates injury.  I have never seen him play but several here have seen good things.

I can't see Teibert being here next season but you never know.

With journeyman-type Cancon to serve as squad rotation players on the senior roster, I see the Caps under Robbo as a buying club for as long as he's in charge.  A guy like Kaye checks off a lot of boxes in what Robbo wants from his central mids.  He's an OZ fav with the Nats and I don't think he'd be breaking the bank with a move up to MLS.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Good for him & always good when a US MLS team decides to get a Canuck. I hope he gets more playing time for them than say, Wright or Awuah did last year for their US MLS teams (or even worse Pasher & Didic for KC).

He's in a good place to get more time. I think LAFC only has like 9 players at the moment.

I kid, but you get where I'm going.

Great move for MAK. OZ deserves full marks for calling him into MNT and backing him, but wouldn't it have been Findlay as interim coach who first called him to the U23 Qatar camp last year to give him a platform before OZ was announced? Still such a raw player but so good for his development if he can log time and make his mistakes on an expansion side.