Dub Narcotic

Mark-Anthony Kaye

That softball-sized bulge on the side of his ankle does not look good. His ankle was bent at 90 degrees, there. Hopefully, it's not nearly as bad as it looks. Dare I say, though, if he was hoping for a winter jump to Europe, this might put paid to those plans.

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to Bradley in the LAFC post-match presser. the x-rays came back negative, so that's a good sign at least, but they don't know how long he'll be out yet. "Appears to be a bad sprain"

I'm surprised that they were able to get a reliable X-ray so quickly through that amount of swelling.

bad sprains can be worse than breaks or tears.  Take this from someone who had one from falling off a climbing wall.  It took along time to heal.  My doctor and physio both told me it would have been better to have a tear

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Bad luck with injuries or prone to them?

Considering his last major injury was also the result of a collision, it's hard to say he's "prone" to them.

If he was being felled by non-contact injuries it'd be a different story.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Considering his last major injury was also the result of a collision, it's hard to say he's "prone" to them.

If he was being felled by non-contact injuries it'd be a different story.

I'd be much more concerned about soft tissue nagging injuries where a guy is on the shelf for shorter stretches.  

"With Mark-Anthony it's a grade two ankle sprain, it's hard to give a definite timetable for what that looks like," head coach Bob Bradley told media on a virtual press conference Tuesday. "The good news is swelling went down... the early signs are positive"

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/13/lafcs-andy-najar-mark-anthony-kaye-out-wednesday-squad-gets-thin

On 10/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, An Observer said:

bad sprains can be worse than breaks or tears.  Take this from someone who had one from falling off a climbing wall.  It took along time to heal.  My doctor and physio both told me it would have been better to have a tear

I can attest to that. Way back I had a really bad sprain on an attempted tackle against a beast. Doctor said a break would heal faster as I was out for the season and then had to heavily tape it for the next.