Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to Bradley in the LAFC post-match presser. the x-rays came back negative, so that's a good sign at least, but they don't know how long he'll be out yet. "Appears to be a bad sprain"

I'm surprised that they were able to get a reliable X-ray so quickly through that amount of swelling.

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Bad luck with injuries or prone to them?

Considering his last major injury was also the result of a collision, it's hard to say he's "prone" to them.

If he was being felled by non-contact injuries it'd be a different story.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Considering his last major injury was also the result of a collision, it's hard to say he's "prone" to them.

If he was being felled by non-contact injuries it'd be a different story.

I'd be much more concerned about soft tissue nagging injuries where a guy is on the shelf for shorter stretches.  

"With Mark-Anthony it's a grade two ankle sprain, it's hard to give a definite timetable for what that looks like," head coach Bob Bradley told media on a virtual press conference Tuesday. "The good news is swelling went down... the early signs are positive"

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/13/lafcs-andy-najar-mark-anthony-kaye-out-wednesday-squad-gets-thin

On 10/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, An Observer said:

bad sprains can be worse than breaks or tears.  Take this from someone who had one from falling off a climbing wall.  It took along time to heal.  My doctor and physio both told me it would have been better to have a tear

I can attest to that. Way back I had a really bad sprain on an attempted tackle against a beast. Doctor said a break would heal faster as I was out for the season and then had to heavily tape it for the next. 

• 2 months later...

Kaye had specifically been catching a lot of shit from LAFC fans heading into this game. Many “don’t start Kaye he’s our weak link” type of comments. It’s been sounding like he’s sort of got that Delgado at TFC type relationship. Anyone been catching his performances in CCL?? 

Edited by grigorio

1 minute ago, grigorio said:

Kaye had specifically been catching a lot of shit from LAFC fans heading into this game. Many “don’t start Kaye he’s our weak link” type of comments. Anyone been catching his performances in CCL?? 

Just from the extended highlights, he seemed to be playing box-to-box, in the attack and even shooting I think I saw, drawing fouls in the opponent's half. Then in the midfield fouling tactically (as the rival did constantly).

47 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Kaye had specifically been catching a lot of shit from LAFC fans heading into this game. Many “don’t start Kaye he’s our weak link” type of comments. It’s been sounding like he’s sort of got that Delgado at TFC type relationship. Anyone been catching his performances in CCL?? 

I thought he was pretty solid last night, better than most of the season.

I still stick by what I said a few pages back in this thread - he really peaked a couple of years ago when he had that fantastic season. He hasn’t really gotten back to that level. Just too many backbreaking turnovers and sloppy passes every match. I’m not surprised LAFC fans think he’s a weak link.

Edited by Floortom

I thought he was solid yesterday. Definitely an upper tier CM in MLS. He’s a presence and good all around. Made quite a few interceptions and didn’t give the ball away much.

He’s definitely a tier above a guy like Delgado. I think the LAFC hate comes mostly from fans who are your typical low footy IQ snobs just picking on a player because he doesn’t fit their profile. 

I also wouldn’t say he peaked a few years ago. Last year was his best season and he had his moments this year as well. He’s been a leader for LAFC and more of an offensive threat.

I thought Kaye had  a solid game last night and was a main piece in that LAFC win. Take him out of that game last night and it’s a different LAFC team and maybe a different result. In terms of Delgado if you you really understand this game you appreciate the importance of what a guy like a Delgado brings to TFC, has played an integral part in TFC’s successes the past few years and we saw how much TFC missed him in the playoffs this year and during the last games of this season when TFC finished the regular season losing more games than they won. If he was Canadian he would definitely be in consideration for a stater position with our national team.

3 hours ago, grigorio said:

He was responsible for the goal in the quarters with a sh$& back pass that required the defender to foul in the box that resulted in the penalty goal.  Since that moment he has been as solid as usual running his ass off box to box.

I don’t think the injuries have helped him. I’m not sure he’s peaked he’s 27... he’ll peak soon. I do think he needs a change of scenery though, LAFC is in for a change or 2 regardless of wether they win the final or not.

let’s not forget their midfield trio have all had interest from Europe and liga mx.

34 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t think the injuries have helped him. I’m not sure he’s peaked he’s 27... he’ll peak soon. I do think he needs a change of scenery though, LAFC is in for a change or 2 regardless of wether they win the final or not.

let’s not forget their midfield trio have all had interest from Europe and liga mx.

Kaye is 26. 

Blessing has had interest from Brazil and Liga MX, but not sure about Atuesta, who is the best of the 3. I can’t imagine the Colombian will stay in LA forever, though. The only rumours we have heard about Kaye are Genk and Club Brugges, but that was a while ago now, so I don’t think he’s going anywhere, but we’ll see.