Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

LAFC have plenty of money so I do not see them having much incentive to sell Kaye.

I mean, if someone offers them +$10M, then hell ya they are certainly going to take it. They would be a little foolish not to. 

Assuming the rumors of Genk and Club Brugges have legs, keep in mind the incoming transfer fee record for the Belgian Pro League is less than $10M. If either of these clubs put a bid in for Kaye, it is more likely closer to $2-3M, which is not the sort of money that would get LAFC excited. 

If Kaye was playing for a small market team, $2-3M could be enough, but that is not the case here.

Edited by Obinna

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

LAFC have plenty of money so I do not see them having much incentive to sell Kaye.

I mean, if someone offers them +$10M, then hell ya they are certainly going to take it. They would be a little foolish not to. 

Assuming the rumors of Genk and Club Brugges have legs, keep in mind the incoming transfer fee record for the Belgian Pro League is less than $10M. If either of these clubs put a bid in for Kaye, it is more likely closer to $2-3M, which is not the sort of money that would get LAFC excited. 

If Kaye was playing for a small market team, $2-3M could be enough, but that is not the case here.

His contact ends next season. I could see him going to Belgium on a free or a smaller fee in January. 

4 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

His contact ends next season. I could see him going to Belgium on a free or a smaller fee in January. 

Perhaps. Belgian clubs are prudent, so maybe they will wait until they can get him for free. Kaye could also re-up with LA too, so it will be interesting to see what happens. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I don't really know how the MLS works, but are LAFC independently owned? Aren't all teams owned by the MLS? Or it's just the league that negotiates and shares all transfer fees?

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I don't really know how the MLS works, but are LAFC independently owned? Aren't all teams owned by the MLS? Or it's just the league that negotiates and shares all transfer fees?

I am not the best one to ask about this, but to my knowledge all clubs are franchises which are league owned. Therefore, the league approves all transfers and takes a cut of the sales when they occur (I think it is 30 percent, but it may be 50). I think the clubs do the negotiating for the most part. Recall how many times Ali Curtis went over to Belgium to sort out the Pozuelo transfer....

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I am not the best one to ask about this, but to my knowledge all clubs are franchises which are league owned. Therefore, the league approves all transfers and takes a cut of the sales when they occur (I think it is 30 percent, but it may be 50). I think the clubs do the negotiating for the most part. Recall how many times Ali Curtis went over to Belgium to sort out the Pozuelo transfer....

Long story short, because of nuianses with GA draft picks, homegrowns, DP signings etc...lets just say 30% goes to the league, plus or minus a few % points.  Heres a nice little article from a few years back using Atlanta as an example.  

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/atlanta-united-fc/2017/10/19/16465762/mls-transfer-rules-regulations-fees-percentages

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Long story short, because of nuianses with GA draft picks, homegrowns, DP signings etc...lets just say 30% goes to the league, plus or minus a few % points.  Heres a nice little article from a few years back using Atlanta as an example.  

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/atlanta-united-fc/2017/10/19/16465762/mls-transfer-rules-regulations-fees-percentages

Wrong. Updated 2020 rules

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

In MAK's case, LAFC would get 95% of the transfer fees, of which up to 1 mil can be converted to general allocation money. 

So, LAFC has incentive to sell players to bank GAM to use.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

With the NBA not playing today and with MAK being so outspoken about the issues I wouldn't be shocked if LAFC didn't play or did something to show solidarity tonight 

Posts regarding political and social issues really do not belong here. Please consider using the off-topic thread or visiting another website for that. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Posts regarding political and social issues really do not belong here. Please consider using the off-topic thread or visiting another website for that. Thank you.

I didn't actually mention an issue. I'm just saying that one of our players may or may not play tonight 

12 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I didn't actually mention an issue. I'm just saying that one of our players may or may not play tonight 

Come on man. 

You are speculating MAK and(or) his team will not play because of his views on a social issue. I see nothing on MLSsoccer.com or anywhere else suggesting the game will not go ahead. I do not care about his views, or him showing solidarity with a social cause, I only care about his play on the pitch. That is all we should be concerned about here. Things already got messy in this thread once before. 

If he ends up sitting out because of it, then fair enough come and share that news here. We want to know if he is or is not playing. On the other hand, if he plays and does some BLM stuff pre-game, it does not need to be shared in this space. Just a heads up, thanks.

Edited by Obinna

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Come on man. 

You are speculating MAK and(or) his team will not play because of his views on a social issue. I see nothing on MLSsoccer.com or anywhere else suggesting the game will not go ahead. I do not care about his views, or him showing solidarity with a social cause, I only care about his play on the pitch. That is all we should be concerned about here. Things already got messy in this thread once before. 

If he ends up sitting out because of it, then fair enough come and share that news here. We want to know if he is or is not playing. On the other hand, if he plays and does some BLM stuff pre-game, it does not need to be shared in this space. Just a heads up, thanks.

It's not speculation.

4 minutes ago, red card said:

It's not speculation.

Great, thank you for giving us something substantial. Appreciate that. 

Putting the cause aside, we really want to games to go ahead at this point. We have already lost matches because of the pandemic. WCQ is coming soon. Therefore, not great move from a soccer perspective if this goes through...

Edited by Obinna

20 minutes ago, BradMack said:

MAK is very clear he doesn't like America... Hopefully he can pass in that transfer request and move to Europe. Any speculation on him with actual teams connected?

Genk and Club Brugges have been the only ones I have seen. I think he could do very well in the Belgian League. It puts him in the window for a move further up the ladder as well. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Genk and Club Brugges have been the only ones I have seen. I think he could do very well in the Belgian League. It puts him in the window for a move further up the ladder as well. 

These were loose at best, the link made based on him following them on Instagram 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkThEwizz/status/1298790860222418944

Fully echo what Stephen Hart said after the game. It's about more than sport and if players feel this will give the situation more traction and help then I fully support them. 

I can see people driving MAK out of MLS over this tbh. He is dead right about the narrative. Poor play from the MLS in that statement.

3 hours ago, BradMack said:

MAK is very clear he doesn't like America... Hopefully he can pass in that transfer request and move to Europe. Any speculation on him with actual teams connected?

In another thread you claim to want to keep politics aside, then make a dumb comment like this? Come on.

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

In another thread you claim to want to keep politics aside, then make a dumb comment like this? Come on.

man, I was changing the subject.... It's an actual player making the comments here so its a bit of a situation but I think its pretty clear im changing the subject back to soccer here... do you have something personal against me because I said we shouldn't argue about immigration law in the alphonso thread? Come on. 

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

Great, thank you for giving us something substantial. Appreciate that. 

Putting the cause aside, we really want to games to go ahead at this point. We have already lost matches because of the pandemic. WCQ is coming soon. Therefore, not great move from a soccer perspective if this goes through...

That's what you're worried about? Seriously dude?

So what's next, you're going to tell him to "shut up and play"?

Edited by LeoH037

9 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

That's what you're worried about? Seriously dude?

So what's next, you're going to tell him to "shut up and play"?

Yes that is what I am worried about. Him playing soccer. It is a soccer fourm. I give two shits about his opinions about non-soccer matters. Same goes for any of our players. It really is irrelevant to whether they can get us to the world cup or not.

So I am going to double down: Shame Kaye and Javovic missed a game because of politics, but it is what it is. At least it is only one game, to put a more positive spin on it, but at this stage we want our players getting as many games as possible, since the season was cut short. Anytime our players miss a chance to play a competitive game, for whatever reason, it doesn't help our national team, which is my primary concern for the purpose of this thread.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

This really didn't age well.

In the context of this thread, no it didn't.

But the post itself holds true. Let's keep politics and social issues off the boards.

We all feel compelled when we agree with the issue, but there will always be someone tempted to counter because they disagree. Next thing you know, it gets messy and out of control and drives people away.

If you insist to play that game because it is your right, I cannot stop you. I am not a moderator. I just don't want this place to keep trending in this direction.