Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Whooooo, boy.  Gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

Definitely worth a discussion in a different thread.

Feel free to PM if you want to chat about it. I shouldn't further derail this thread with that stuff. Most of what I said here in the past 24 hours has been off topic, so I won't be commenting here about it any further. We could talk about it elsewhere too if there's an appropriate thread. Cheers!

Edited by Obinna
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.lafc.com/post/2020/06/05/message-america-mark-anthony-kaye A message to America. My name is Mark-Anthony Kaye and I am a proud black man. I am deeply angered and sa

I enjoy their delusions.  Let them think they are an amazing world power.  Arrogance never serves you well.   

Posted Images

  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Just MO, and I know he’s had some injury issues, but MAK has not looked nearly as good the last two seasons as he did in 2018. I’m not sure what has led to this regression and if it’s permanent or temporary...or maybe all in my head. 

I would agree but he was voted an MLS All star last year in 2019.  I think he regressed towards the end of the season more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Belgium really a step up from starting on the arguably the best team in MLS and getting league-wide recognition as an all-star? A move to the Bundesliga, La Liga, or Serie A would be a good move, maybe even Ligue 1. As a supporter though I would rather he stay at LAFC, get starter minutes and work on regaining any lost confidence/consistency.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Is Belgium really a step up from starting on the arguably the best team in MLS and getting league-wide recognition as an all-star? A move to the Bundesliga, La Liga, or Serie A would be a good move, maybe even Ligue 1. As a supporter though I would rather he stay at LAFC, get starter minutes and work on regaining any lost confidence/consistency.

It's an upgrade if the team plays in champions league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Just MO, and I know he’s had some injury issues, but MAK has not looked nearly as good the last two seasons as he did in 2018. I’m not sure what has led to this regression and if it’s permanent or temporary...or maybe all in my head. 

I have noticed the same. He is still an above average midfielder in the league, but overall he doesn't appear to be as sharp for whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Is Belgium really a step up from starting on the arguably the best team in MLS and getting league-wide recognition as an all-star? A move to the Bundesliga, La Liga, or Serie A would be a good move, maybe even Ligue 1. As a supporter though I would rather he stay at LAFC, get starter minutes and work on regaining any lost confidence/consistency.

LAFC is a great environment, but I think if he has the chance to go to Genk or Club Brugges he should take it.

He is not a young player anymore. If he wants to get into Europe this would be a very good pathway for him. You can probably argue that it'd be a lateral move, but the prospect of European football (Brugges) provides an upside. Furthermore, playing in the Europa league or Champions League is provides far better exposure if his goal is to play in one of the best leagues in the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Genk finished 1st and Brugge finished 2nd.  Both Champions League teams.

I think he'a got the quality for the league, I would be a little more concerned about becoming a week in starter for either of the two best teams in Belgium.

Genk finished way down in the table. I don't think they qualified for Europe this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2019 Kaye was returning from a major injury. I'd cut him some slack for that reason. This season is so small a sample size, under less than ideal conditions, that any player evaluations are pretty suspect. I did appreciate the range of passing he displayed in one of the tournament matches I saw, and that I don't think our other midfielders really provide. Like Bernier in that way, but with better physical attributes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Club Brugges would be the better move, for obvious reasons, but Genk would be a move worth making.

They'll want to make amends for their poor 2019-20 season. With no European football they will have a good chance of reclaiming their title.

Edited by Obinna
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a really good move for him.  My opinion is that the Belgium league is slightly better than MLS.  For the teams playing in Europa and Champions League they play more challenging teams and also get better exposure.

MAK is a player in his prime now so there really isn’t a later time that would be good to go.  I’d like to see him make the jump.  He can always return to MLS later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonovision said:

In 2019 Kaye was returning from a major injury. I'd cut him some slack for that reason. This season is so small a sample size, under less than ideal conditions, that any player evaluations are pretty suspect. I did appreciate the range of passing he displayed in one of the tournament matches I saw, and that I don't think our other midfielders really provide. Like Bernier in that way, but with better physical attributes.

Once he got past the first 10-15 minutes vsxthe Galaxy, where got caught in possession a couple of times, he was really good with his playmaking.

My biggest concern with him is durability, with his two previous seasons truncated by a significant injury.  I really hope he is beyond that because I really like what he brings to our midfield creativity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaye had a much better game last night. He's still not in top form, but you can see what he's capable of. He is a tidy player with a great engine and he passes the ball well. He needs to improve his passing with his right foot, but his left foot is magic, and his vision is terrific. I'd love to see him get another full year with LAFC. He still has more to learn from Bradley, I feel. And then to Europe? We kind of need MAK to become our next Hutch, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...