Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

On 10/24/2019 at 10:38 PM, BrennanFan said:

Kaye is out for tonites playoff game against the Galaxy.

Glad they're not risking him, but it would have been a great experience for him to play in this game.

Looks like they needed him on the field from the start. 

He looked good coming on, but all the damage was done in the first half.  LAFC were not good playing from behind.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Amazing win for LAFC beating Leon - huge accomplishment.

Jakovic was massive last night. MAK really struggled in both matches. Hopefully just a little rust.

i disagree, i think MAK was pretty great last night. still looked rusty in the defensive/pressing phases but his passing and running into space looked like classic MAK

as an aside, my god LAFC are fun to watch. i mean i'd be watching them anyways for canadian content but they dominated that match last night from start to end. atuesta in particular is outstanding and should be in a top 5 league soon 

Kaye had a much improved match, but I agree with those who noticed rust. I question how fit he is, because he does not seem to get around the field as effortlessly as we are use to. That is kind of concerning to me, because his range is one of his best attributes. Hopefully it is fitness and not the accumulation of injuries slowing him down.

Jakovic was outstanding yet again. This match he was even better than the first. I implore you to go watch it if you haven't. Didn't put a foot wrong all game and quarterbacked a lot of the builds from the back. And the times he was tested for pace he would just do enough to disrupt the Leon attackers and get a foot in. I also really liked his cheeky composure on one play in the first half Rather than hammer the ball up field, he just turned away from pressure and made a simple pass forward. 

Jakovic has been THE pleasant surprise early in the MLS season. If he hasn't earned a CanMNT recall for March, he must at least be in contention.

Waterman's emergence a close second. Giving him an honorable mention here.

Edited by Obinna

34 minutes ago, saladroit said:

i disagree, i think MAK was pretty great last night. still looked rusty in the defensive/pressing phases but his passing and running into space looked like classic MAK

as an aside, my god LAFC are fun to watch. i mean i'd be watching them anyways for canadian content but they dominated that match last night from start to end. atuesta in particular is outstanding and should be in a top 5 league soon 

LAFC had more Canadians starting than Americans ;)

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Jakovic has been THE present surprise early in the MLS season. If he hasn't earned a CanMNT recall for March, he must at least be in contention.

Waterman's emergence a close second. Giving him an honorable mention here.

The form/emergence of both should hopefully make it easier to allow Miller and Cornelius to go with the U23's.