• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After watching Urruti play, it's clear why he has not scored a goal this season. He works his butt off and is great defensively but is not sharp in the final third. Rarely did he put himself in positi

Good for him and too bad it didn't work out, speaking of overpaid Vanney's nephew made about $300K https://www.sportekz.com/football/toronto-players-salaries/

Posted Images

Back in 2017 he was probably our 3rd best striker. He's definitely nowhere near that right now though and probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing. BUT I think he'd be a great CPL signing and would raise the level of the league for sure. I hope more guys who are still MLS quality-ish but aren't getting opportunities would go to the CPL, it would be win-win if they don't mind lower pay. 

10 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Back in 2017 he was probably our 3rd best striker. He's definitely nowhere near that right now though and probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing. BUT I think he'd be a great CPL signing and would raise the level of the league for sure. I hope more guys who are still MLS quality-ish but aren't getting opportunities would go to the CPL, it would be win-win if they don't mind lower pay. 

Considering his contribution, AJH was on a pretty nice contract with Montreal, I think he was making low-to-mid 100k. 

At this point he may have enough financial security to be willing to take on a CPL contract, so that he can score a few goals and generate some buzz for himself, perhaps even leading to a European opportunity. Or the reverse could be true and he may not be willing to take such a pay cut. Sometimes you need to take a step back to take two steps forward.

If his Montreal days come to an end I can't imagine he wouldn't be at least considering the CPL.

Unfortunately, CPL really is the best he and we can hope for.  We all wanted it to work for him, but anyone who's seen his games the past 2-3 years can tell you his body can't take 90 minutes.  Its strange, he's young, seems in shape, but just doesn't have the stamina.  He's utterly gassed at 60-65 minutes, and that's without even covering much ground.  If he does last more than 75 minutes he gets carted off from injury.  Its the weirdest thing.  I don't know if its just the way his body is or poor training/diet. 

No choice but to use him as a sub if you're a goal down, otherwise if you start him, you know you're wasting a change on a young forward, which is a huge disadvantage strategically speaking. 

Besides that, he looks awfully rusty.  Really needs some minutes to get some confidence and timing back.

13 hours ago, costarg said:

Unfortunately, CPL really is the best he and we can hope for.

Reminder, he does have the potential to feature in at least one more match with the Impact:

https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com/en/article/orlando-s-exploria-stadium-to-host-final-stages-of-2020-scotiabank-concacaf-champions-league

https://mcusercontent.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/cca27b5a-ce66-4384-a4c1-a424b944c763/AllClubs_SCCL2020_35PlayerRosters.pdf

14 hours ago, Bdog said:

probably doesn't have a future with the CMNT since he's now 27 and hardly playing.

Likely true but he might have a shot of making Camp Poutine 2021.