Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

What a weird player he is. Had a good stretch where it looked like he was going to be the man for the Impact, and then simply didn't. Don't know if it was Garde or just his own attitude but it's disappointing seeing how ineffective he's become at the team. Granted none of their strikers impress at all these days.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, canta15 said:

Stretchered off today. Hopefully he’s alright

Stretchered all the way to the locker room, holding his left knee. 

Looks like he tore something, for him not able to limp to the changerroom. 

Wishing a speedy recovery. 

4 hours ago, Shway said:

Stretchered all the way to the locker room, holding his left knee. 

Looks like he tore something, for him not able to limp to the changerroom. 

Wishing a speedy recovery. 

I feel for this guy. Long underappreciated in his home province, imo, nearly got a transfer to another club, fell through, now unlikely to have another crack at this level for a while. 

I was sad to see him go out like that. Hopefully it is not an ACL. 

If I recall correctly, he's scored 4 times in all competitions and this was his 17th game. A slight rebound from a disappointing 2018. I hope his 2019 is not finished because of this injury.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish him the best this year. Really think he offers something different and has a hell of a strike on him. The last couple of years has been nothing short of a disaster for his career. Actually thats a bit dramatic in terms of the likes of Boakai/Tablas falls but I am not taking it back. 

He has a hell of a chance to reignite his career and improve under one of the greatest strikers of all time. Hopefully the AJH show is back on track.  

31 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Looks like Jackson-Hamel wanted to go to Camp Poutine but then got cut due to ....(injury? not recovering quickly enough? got cut for another player?)

http://twitter.com/gccoratolo/status/1220443659092578305

Did anybody listen to the whole thing on 98.5FM?

Haven't listened, but Impact didn't want him to play matches from what was said 2-3 weeks ago by Renard ( Technical Director)

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Wish him the best this year. Really think he offers something different and has a hell of a strike on him. The last couple of years has been nothing short of a disaster for his career. Actually thats a bit dramatic in terms of the likes of Boakai/Tablas falls but I am not taking it back. 

He has a hell of a chance to reignite his career and improve under one of the greatest strikers of all time. Hopefully the AJH show is back on track.  

I remember not too long ago he was our 3rd best striker.

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'll see your Tabla/Boakai and raise you a Gyaki.  And before you re-raise me, be warned I have a Jaimie Peters up my sleeve.  

5 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Hey man, Gyaki single-handedly qualified us for a U20 World Cup.  More than any of the others have done.

[/thread derailed]

Exactly....from such great heights.....such a fall!!  Although coaching U sports in nothing to sneeze at, maybe we'll see him coaching in CPL...then it will be a redemption story.  

With all due respect I think he is limited in terms of his ability on the ball. He’s kind of like Tosaint Ricketts in that way, but even Tos is better with the ball at his feet. He’s good at finishing though, so if he gets service he can put the ball in the net.

I hope he has a good season. If he can score +5 MLS goals I think that qualifies. The year he scored 9 was a bit of an anomaly, but he should be getting more than 2 a year if he can stay fit.

As for the national team, I think he has his work cut out from him, but a return is not impossible if he can score goals this year.

All the best to him!

• 8 months later...

I think AJH should consider Ligue 2. He was linked with a few clubs in that division a few years ago.

Perhaps Norway, Sweden or even Demark could give him a nice European adventure. There must be a part of him that wants to try something different. He's been with Montreal his whole career and I don't think he'll be much more than he is now at this level, which is a back up striker capable of starting here and there. At the right level in Europe he could be a top striker for his club and who knows, maybe playing regularly could help him grow and jump a level. He is still only 27.

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I am not sure why AJH never gets a chance to start. He always looks good when he comes on.

I respect him and all, but there are a few reasons....

1- He's he had a hard time giving 90min even when he was 23.  For some reason he's always winded and has no more legs at 65min.  Its a huge disadvantage for a coach to pick a forward when you know you'll have to waste a change on him.  If it was Drogba and you know he'll score, that's one thing, but its AJH.\

2- His body language on the field is terrible, I'm sure that rubs off on the team.  

• 1 month later...