Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

I'm not sure if that's a penalty but that strike off the post was pretty impressive... the 2 finishes weren't that convincing but they all count.  Edwards finish was very nice.

Edit: Just re-watched, PK definitely could have been called.. was it not reviewed?  Piette's pass on the Piatti goal was perfect.  

Edited by Keegan

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

I'm not sure if that's a penalty but that strike off the post was pretty impressive... the 2 finishes weren't that convincing but they all count.

Yes, very impressive strike off the post, after he did well to put himself in a good position to shoot.

Agreed that on Jackson-Hamel's first goal the ball almost didn't get by the keeper, but on the second AJH struck the ball perfectly into the left side of the net and the keeper was unable to do anything.

That is not a penalty, although I've seen it been given numerous times in MLS. It looked as if the Montreal players were instructed to go down at slightest contact in the box, but this ref wasn't going for it (rightfully so). 

Nice win, although it doesn't bode well if you need to score 3 goals a game to win it. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

What’s happened  to this guy? Not much appearances this season 

Fair to say he might have fallen off the depth chart for Forwards in terms of the CMNT

Hope he re-gains the form he had in 2017

Garde doesn't seem to trust him and he hasn't done much when he does play. It seems like he's just really low on confidence at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

Garde doesn't seem to trust him and he hasn't done much when he does play. It seems like he's just really low on confidence at the moment. 

He also seems to get small injuries here and there regularly.

I will say with David exploding on the scene, and his poor form, AJH is getting pushed down the depth chart.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he would be perfect for the Caps at season start when there were rumblings of him leaving Montreal. 

Brest would be a good move for him. Wherever he goes, a bit like Teibert he needs a manager that rates him and that will give him game time. He can't be sitting on the bench all the time. 

Best natural finisher we have IMO. Controversial :) 

On 8/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, toontownman said:

Thought he would be perfect for the Caps at season start when there were rumblings of him leaving Montreal. 

Brest would be a good move for him. Wherever he goes, a bit like Teibert he needs a manager that rates him and that will give him game time. He can't be sitting on the bench all the time. 

Best natural finisher we have IMO. Controversial :) 

Best natural finisher .. DONT @ ME 

It's a joke that he can't get the minutes he wants here. He was a breakout talent last year and all the confidence he gained from it is shot now. I understand he hasn't been the greatest when on but he's still by far the best option. Mancosu has been an absolute waste and amarikwa isn't the answer either. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Amarikwa was crap 5 years ago when TFC had him, and he was 25 then........why you would bring in a guy like that when you have a guy coming into his peak years and coming off his best year ever.  Whoever is saying AJH just isnt doing it, lets bring in Amarikwa to really light it up, should lose their job.  

2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Doesn’t the Transfer Deadline end in 3 days? 

The loan would be a good move for both AJH and the Impact

Here’s an update:

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Mercato-brest-vise-anthony-jackson-hamel/933522?xtref=https:%2F%2Ft.co%2FTLpWIDbX65¤amp§1#xtor=RSS-1

A loan would be the best. If it doesn't work out he can come back home.