Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

30 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Anyone else watch the Mtl Min game? I found that Dzemaili was cheap w his service to AJH and elected rather to go w passes to Nacho who would end up losing it.  AJH was at times through and just needed the pass but he was never given the chance. Instead he had to fight for whatever scraps that would've fumbled its way... had it happened. 

Eh. It wasn't something I noticed on first watch. I think it was just that AJH's play style is less effective against a team like Minnesota who have 6 men behind that ball at all times. Dzemaili and Piatti had a lt of the ball as they are the "break down the defense" guys.

I earlier criticized Dzemaili for not passing to Jackson. Well this time I think Jackson was guilty on a counter attack give and go where he attempted the hat trick instead of passing back to an open Dzemaili who was pretty loud at yelling at him the entire stadium could hear. 

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

1  goal every 94 minutes in MLS. That Josef Martinez guy with Atlanta is way ahead with this stat but I'd bet AJH is still next. (Ricketts is sneaking up with his 4 goals recently).

Here are some I picked off the MLS website. For players with over 4 goals (I just stopped looking after that) AJH is second in the league.
Martinez 1.38, AJH 0.96, Ricketts 0.74, Giovinco 0.72, Piatti 0.76, Villa 0.79

2 minutes ago, Justinmacd88 said:

All this guy does is score. He should undoubtedly be above Larin as our starting striker at the moment.

There's a ton of reasonable doubt mainly in regards to how he would be most useful to the team. One of the reasons his goal/minute ratio is so good is because he's done a great job off the bench.

56 minutes ago, Justinmacd88 said:

All this guy does is score. He should undoubtedly be above Larin as our starting striker at the moment.

Larin is finally starting to score again, Ricketts running wild..Cavallini scoring in mexico...we might actually have options up front.  This must be what the spanish fans feel like.  

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Larin is finally starting to score again, Ricketts running wild..Cavallini scoring in mexico...we might actually have options up front.  This must be what the spanish fans feel like.  

Can you imagine how a Canada with not just MLS high level strikers but Liga MX and Super Lig ones factored in? We'd start to look pretty scary and the intensity of playing in Mexico and Turkey might have our strike force ready for Latin America.

48 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

If only we were as deep on the back line as we were up front. We'd be serious CONCACAF contenders.

Back in the day that is what we were known for. Freak city good defending, both individually and as a unit, and opportunistic scoring. There now you all know how old I am  :)

Very impressed with his game Wednesday night and not just for the composure he demonstrated on the two goals.  Excellent runs, some smart pressure and the two goals.  He is putting pressure on Montreal to play him, the Wizard to do the same and Cyle will need to produce for the MNT if he is to continue to be slotted in automatically on the team. 

• 7 months later...