Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

10 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I'm lukewarm on the move. AJH's development has really gone well over the last year, but even with that, I don't think he'll ever be a consistent starter in Montreal. On the other hand, the Impact have a history of unceremoniously releasing their homegrown players, so to not have that happen is a plus.

AJH is just a litttttle bit better than Tissot or Ouimette

3 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

So what? The Impact not only represent Montreal but all of the province of Quebec too. I'm also pretty sure AJH moved there at an early age no?

He's been in their system since joining their academy in 2010! 

If a kid from Kingston joined TFC as a teen would he be signing for his hometown? No. 

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

So what? The Impact not only represent Montreal but all of the province of Quebec too. I'm also pretty sure AJH moved there at an early age no?

He's been in their system since joining their academy in 2010! 

If you've been living somewhere since you were 16/17 it isn't your hometown.

We'll see at the next MLS report what type of raise they gave him. Anything under $250k a year would be robbery and I hope his agent held Saputo's feet to the fire. He has saved their sorry asses with so many timely goals this year.

Now I hope he continues to get more starts and a lot more goals. He will be 27 when his contract is up and will be in his prime and available on a free transfer.  

On 2017-09-14 at 5:39 PM, Chad_Impact said:

AJH is just a litttttle bit better than Tissot or Ouimette

I think Tissot got screwed as well... he was reasonably productive as a depth player and deserved more from the club. 

As for AJH, I hope they've demonstrated their commitment to developing him by paying him what his production numbers and potential dictate he's worth. I

3 hours ago, TRM said:

We'll see at the next MLS report what type of raise they gave him. Anything under $250k a year would be robbery and I hope his agent held Saputo's feet to the fire. He has saved their sorry asses with so many timely goals this year.

Now I hope he continues to get more starts and a lot more goals. He will be 27 when his contract is up and will be in his prime and available on a free transfer.  

I am a fan of AJH but they would be crazy to give him $250k a year. This is his first good season and he has scored 7 goals in not a lot of playing time but this is 7 of 8 total career goals. They should double his current $66k and maybe give him some good bonuses if his production stays good but $250k for one good year with 7 goals would be crazy and poor roster/salary management (and yes the Mancosu deal was also poor roster management although I did agree with re-signing him last year because it seemed like he would be good this year and he has a good scoring record in leagues of a similar level to MLS. I don't know why he has not been scoring this year but I was really surprised they went so high as $750k for him which I think was too much even with his strong play at the end of last season. Nevertheless, your screw ups don't determine your future salary offers and indeed should make management act more prudently).  

2 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

I think Tissot got screwed as well... he was reasonably productive as a depth player and deserved more from the club. 

As for AJH, I hope they've demonstrated their commitment to developing him by paying him what his production numbers and potential dictate he's worth. I

Tissot is another player I like a lot but he didn't get screwed. He wasn't going to get much playing time behind Piatti and he actually requested a transfer to NASL. Tissot and Bekker also were good depth players but if either were going to develop into anything more than that they need to go somewhere that they will get a lot of playing time and be top players which they have done in Ottawa/San Francisco. After a couple of years doing that they might be ready to come back and win a starting spot in MLS but neither were going to do that as MLS depth players not getting enough playing time to improve.

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

I am a fan of AJH but they would be crazy to give him $250k a year. This is his first good season and he has scored 7 goals in not a lot of playing time but this is 7 of 8 total career goals. They should double his current $66k and maybe give him some good bonuses if his production stays good but $250k for one good year with 7 goals would be crazy and poor roster/salary management (and yes the Mancosu deal was also poor roster management although I did agree with re-signing him last year because it seemed like he would be good this year and he has a good scoring record in leagues of a similar level to MLS. I don't know why he has not been scoring this year but I was really surprised they went so high as $750k for him which I think was too much even with his strong play at the end of last season. Nevertheless, your screw ups don't determine your future salary offers and indeed should make management act more prudently).  

Tissot is another player I like a lot but he didn't get screwed. He wasn't going to get much playing time behind Piatti and he actually requested a transfer to NASL. Tissot and Bekker also were good depth players but if either were going to develop into anything more than that they need to go somewhere that they will get a lot of playing time and be top players which they have done in Ottawa/San Francisco. After a couple of years doing that they might be ready to come back and win a starting spot in MLS but neither were going to do that as MLS depth players not getting enough playing time to improve.

Hmm didn't know he requested the transfer. 

7 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I am a fan of AJH but they would be crazy to give him $250k a year. This is his first good season and he has scored 7 goals in not a lot of playing time but this is 7 of 8 total career goals. They should double his current $66k and maybe give him some good bonuses if his production stays good but $250k for one good year with 7 goals would be crazy and poor roster/salary management

A striker with his rate of goals and assists per minute getting $130k? Damn you're a cheap bastard Griz!! When I win the lotto and own a team you can be my negotiator!  :)

Players and especially strikers are always paid more coming off a big season if their contract is renegotiated. Considering the poor money management (league wide not just Montreal with the examples you provide) when it comes to paying strikers I still say $250k is fair. We'll see next spring when the union releases the salary info.

22 minutes ago, TRM said:

A striker with his rate of goals and assists per minute getting $130k? Damn you're a cheap bastard Griz!! When I win the lotto and own a team you can be my negotiator!  :)

Players and especially strikers are always paid more coming off a big season if their contract is renegotiated. Considering the poor money management (league wide not just Montreal with the examples you provide) when it comes to paying strikers I still say $250k is fair. We'll see next spring when the union releases the salary info.

I think you and @Grizzly both have good points. I personally think somewhere between 150 and 175 is about right. It remains to be seen if he can keep up that rate like Larin, and we are talking about more than doubling his salary, that is a massive jump considering where he's starting from and where he started from was perfectly in line with his output at the time so it wasn't as if he was being massively underpaid before. I probably wouldn't have an issue with it being higher than 175 but for me +200 is the line for "too expensive" when it comes to AHJ...at least at this juncture. If he has another season or two like he just had then I think 250 to 275 is fair.

Edited by Obinna

3 minutes ago, Dub Narcotic said:

If Mattocks makes $250k a year, Jackson-Hamel should as well. These are his prime years, he has to make bank right now, and I think there would be a market for him in MLS.

Mattocks started at a higher point than AJH in terms of salary so it's understandable but yes, Mattocks  is overpaid. I don't think Montreal should make the same mistake with AHJ

2 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

If Mattocks makes $250k a year, Jackson-Hamel should as well. These are his prime years, he has to make bank right now, and I think there would be a market for him in MLS.

He's 24 not 28

It's a 3 year (2 +1 club option) according to the article. 
You almost always overpay for a striker. They are a rare breed and worth taking a chance on.
AJH >>> Mattocks IMHO. While Mattocks can sprint and score some AJH is a complete forward. 
Mattocks started higher because of the GenA status. You could reverse the table and say Montreal has been given a great bargain so far so they can afford to pay more now.

Knock'em dead Anthony!

Anyone else watch the Mtl Min game? I found that Dzemaili was cheap w his service to AJH and elected rather to go w passes to Nacho who would end up losing it.  AJH was at times through and just needed the pass but he was never given the chance. Instead he had to fight for whatever scraps that would've fumbled its way... had it happened.