Anthony Jackson-Hamel

Dub Narcotic

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

I think that was me. And I was just coming in here to say that, in my books, Jackson-Hamel is the top of the depth chart at forward right now. Unlike Larin and Cavallini, he can finish in spades.

can't argue with the production numbers. Here's hoping he grabs and then locks down the number one spot with the impact. I'm just glad we've got a number of strikers that bring different looks and can all do the business at a reasonably high level. between AJH, Cavallini and Larin, right now I'm thinking whoever is starting and scoring more should start, none of them should be a lock to start, and they should all feel the pressure if a little friendly competition when playing for the nats.

19 hours ago, matty said:

....in friendlies :P

He is doing it for club and country.       That proves to me that he might have moved in the pole position for that starting roll.  Larin didn't lose it because, in my mind,  as long as you at producing like he is at club level, you can not take him out of the picture.   But AJH has force himself in the picture. And yes, it's also the type of goals and assists that he is getting that impresses me. 

Someone questioned the opposition,  I would ask,  who actually has scored "regularly" for Canada against the better opposition than the teams AJH has scored?

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

He is doing it for club and country.       That proves to me that he might have moved in the pole position for that starting roll.  Larin didn't lose it because, in my mind,  as long as you at producing like he is at club level, you can not take him out of the picture.   But AJH has force himself in the picture. And yes, it's also the type of goals and assists that he is getting that impresses me. 

Someone questioned the opposition,  I would ask,  who actually has scored for Canada against the better opposition than the teams AJH has scored?

I made it in jest, but agree he is making a case for himself.

Also I was the one who mentioned it, and to answer your question: Larin

12 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I added the word "regularly" to my post via edit. 

Fair point for recent times but I think 5 goals in the goal dead Floro-era could be seen as somewhat regular.

Another thing about AJH is that 2 of his goals were scored in Canada (his road goal was scored against an "experimental" Bermuda team in front of 1,800 people), so it remains unknown how he will be against strong competition on their turf. He was kinda not a factor at Gold Cup, when things were "neutral" (given he played only like 75 minutes or something)

Not trying to knock the guy, there's just some things left to be seen with him

Edited by matty

21 hours ago, matty said:

Fair point for recent times but I think 5 goals in the goal dead Floro-era could be seen as somewhat regular.

Another thing about AJH is that 2 of his goals were scored in Canada (his road goal was scored against an "experimental" Bermuda team in front of 1,800 people), so it remains unknown how he will be against strong competition on their turf. He was kinda not a factor at Gold Cup, when things were "neutral" (given he played only like 75 minutes or something)

Not trying to knock the guy, there's just some things left to be seen with him

Best way to find out is to keep starting AJH, then. Larin isnt doing anything to warrant him the spot right now.

He set up Davies' second goal a few mins after coming on vs FG at the Gold Cup, btw.

1 hour ago, Shakmur said:

Best way to find out is to keep starting AJH, then. Larin isnt doing anything to warrant him the spot right now.

He set up Davies' second goal a few mins after coming on vs FG at the Gold Cup, btw.

No the best way is to arrange friendlies against stronger teams on their turf and see how it goes. Continue the 45 minute switches and compare. Also larin club game warrants it.

And ok he got an ace

Edited by matty

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

I like Larin as much as anybody, but AJH has less than 1/3rd the MLS minutes as Larin this season, 1 more assist than Larin, and is only trailing in goals 7 to 10.

true but he's also on a better team, his fewer minutes is a big reason why we should explore both and see who can be more useful in what role, cause both going forward are going to be on this squad every major camp. i say continue competition and book some games in Central America, see how they do and decide from there.

Edited by matty

4 hours ago, matty said:

true but he's also on a better team, his fewer minutes is a big reason why we should explore both and see who can be more useful in what role, cause both going forward are going to be on this squad every major camp. i say continue competition and book some games in Central America, see how they do and decide from there.

I'd like a friendly against Ecuador in Ecuador (specifically Quito). Notorious altitude, Zambrano connection, solid opponent... get er done CSA. 

8 hours ago, matty said:

The Impact is only marginally better than Orlando, our strikers get poorer service from the midfield and Piatti has almost half the goals of the team most of which he scores on his own.

Mancuso picked up starting minutes last season from an under-performing Drogba.  This season, AJH is close to picking up minutes from Mancuso, who is under a lot of pressure here in Montreal.  That's why it seems strange to me that Zambrano didn't leave AJH off the team so that he could focus on helping Impact into the playoffs.  I'd say he's almost indispensable as second striker.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Biello will still find a way to start someone instead of Jackson-Hamel.

Now now, don't be so negative there Sherm. This could be the "break" AJH has been waiting for   :)

All puns aside if he starts and puts a string of strong games together and helps Montreal into the playoffs then Mancosu becomes trade bait (if he isn't already).

While it is good they will be forced to start AJH, we are really thin at striker if this injury proves to be long term. Du Puy has not looked very impressive or even promising in his appearances so far this season. Not sure how attractive Mancosu would be to another team as a foreign player earning $720 000 and 4 goals this season in which he has played a lot of minutes. From an Impact point of view we need to hope that he gets back on track and can at least be a useful sub for AJH.