The Unofficial "The Caps Hate Canada" thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably why they lost to DC united. With Osorio and Henry in the team's line up, they take a victory over Montreal. Coincidence? I think not.

Henry has been our best defender this season while Osorio been badly used by Nelsen.  Osorio is at his best when he plays middle of the field not on the wing like Nelsen likes him to play.  

The player who replace Osorio (Warner) is just decent DM, but sucks offensively.  There's reason why TFC have to rely on their wings a lot to create for strikers.  

No, seriously, bringing in obscure Costa Rican schmucks because they have impressive physiques is great as long as you never develop a Canadian. Jackson Farmer might as well go start selling insurance, there'll always be an excuse for him to not play.

You don't win with Canadians.

No, seriously, bringing in obscure Costa Rican schmucks because they have impressive physiques is great as long as you never develop a Canadian. Jackson Farmer might as well go start selling insurance, there'll always be an excuse for him to not play.

6'5" vs 6'2" hmm not much difference there. 26 vs 19 years old. How about experience? Over the last 5 years about 120 league matches plus 2 NT call ups vs 5 matches at a much lower level. 

How about looking at it differently? When Farmer takes the spot from him (or more likely one of the other 4) he'll be a much better player because of the competition he has faced. If he can't then he isn't the one is he? There are 4 other CBs for him to take a spot from. It is not like Farmer would replace someone with the experience of Jay DeMerit or Andy O'Brien. He still has lots of development to go or he would be ahead of Mitchell, Dean, or Leveron. He's not so he's not there yet. 

What's the rush? I'm as anxious to see the players move up as anyone (perhaps more-so just to shut up all the haters) but what is the point of rushing him? Let's pass up on a experienced CB in his prime and throw in a 19 year old and see how he does? That makes no sense to me. Replace an experienced CB with another experienced but younger CB makes a lot of sense. Let the younger ones take the spots if and when they can.

Try to remember the progression. Academy to signed pro contract and on the 30 man roster, crack the game day 18, starting 11. It will be the very rare for anyone to end run that but I hope we see at least some do it over the years. You are expecting a pole vault in the high jump. 

Maybe a full season with the Vancouver USL-Pro team is more realistic. I'd like to see him, Forese, Clarke, Alderson and any other Canadian who won't get regular minutes with the caps play here. They should all get tons of minutes at this level and that will be good for their development.

Maybe a full season with the Vancouver USL-Pro team is more realistic. I'd like to see him, Forese, Clarke, Alderson and any other Canadian who won't get regular minutes with the caps play here. They should all get tons of minutes at this level and that will be good for their development.

For Farmer and Froese, I would agree that a full year in USL is the best option right now. For Adekugbe, Alderson and Clarke, I'd argue that getting the occasional start with a number of sub appearances throughout the year is the best option to bring them along. Alderson and Clarke have already done the loan thing, and Adekugbe already looks comfortable in his limited minutes.

Edited by shermanator

What some people dont realise is that Adekugbe was hurt for almost 3 months.  The plan was to play him in the CC, occassional starts in MLS, and PDL.  Because he was hurt he missed both CC games, at least one MLS start and a bunch of PDL games. 

Clarke is out for the rest of the year injured.

What's the rush? I'm as anxious to see the players move up as anyone (perhaps more-so just to shut up all the haters) but what is the point of rushing him?

You don't think it's a bit curious that after 3.5 years in the league and 4 different coaches that the number of "haters" hasn't decreased (and may even have increased)?

I purposely never mentioned Adekugbe because I honestly believe he can win that starting LB spot. My worst case scenario is that he can get at least 10 MLS  games next year, which I won't complain about considering he will still only be 19 next season.

As for Alderson, I know he has already done the loan thing and I already know he is good enough to be getting more minutes than he's getting, but the fact is he is not getting them. Maybe something will change between now and next season but if not, I would him play a full season with their USL team. They can always call him up if they need to right? At this point, I cannot see him getting the same amount of opportunities for first team minutes as Adekugbe because the Caps are so strong in midfield.

Now as for Clarke, I do hope that he can crack the first team next season. Considering his age and his successful loan in Germany - it's about time. But again, the Caps have a lot of attacking options. They might even bring more in during the off-season. I am afraid he will get glued to the bench. That is why I suggested the USL team for him as well. I am trying to be realistic with my expectations for him.

You don't think it's a bit curious that after 3.5 years in the league and 4 different coaches that the number of "haters" hasn't decreased (and may even have increased)?

You mean like One American?  The anti-Cap group is keeping good company, but I'll continue to base my opinions on facts rather than ignorance and hysteria.  

As for Alderson, I know he has already done the loan thing and I already know he is good enough to be getting more minutes than he's getting, but the fact is he is not getting them. 

I'm really not sure about that anymore, but I hope your right. 

Edited by VWFC

^ Speaking of Alderson, you also have to wonder how seeing Fisk get a job in Europe and Clarke get minutes in Germany has affected his plan going forward

Good point.  I really dont see a future for him with the Caps.  At a minimum he's behind Laba, Koffie, and Teibert for the CM role and the oldest of those 3 is 22. The position is well covered for the very long term.  Unless he's happy playing for the New West Whoever's, I'm thinking he leaves in the offseason.  

Whats the bet he's in Spain next year?  

Good point.  I really dont see a future for him with the Caps.  At a minimum he's behind Laba, Koffie, and Teibert for the CM role and the oldest of those 3 is 22. The position is well covered for the very long term.  Unless he's happy playing for the New West Whoever's, I'm thinking he leaves in the offseason.  

Whats the bet he's in Spain next year?  

This sums up my view on Alderson right now, there's not much room for him in MLS (in Canada anyways). There is just some very good talent in front of him. I wonder if the Impact could use a new CM with Warner's departure, or was Larrea supposed to fill the gap in the meantime?

Edited by shermanator