U20WWC Role Call - Toronto

CSA probably isn't ignoring your request becauee its BMO Field security that would be handling it. So there probably just as in the dark as the rest of us.

if its the same security detail as the TFC games it shouldn't be an issue. Its on the BMO Field page as well the run down about supporter sections so it would apply for all the games.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I saw your tweets. Would be nice for a reply, I agree.

I can always ditch the $1 flag pole but it would be more fun with it.

Your best bet if you have time is hit a Home Depot, Rona etc for PVC poles. You shouldn't have an issue bringing them in as we usually have all of our flags on them.

The biggest issue will be because it's a FIFA event not the CSA, so I would be prepared for anything, from hard rules to the fact that the Vs may only be the first few rows of the section. So say the Vs are the first couple rows and youth girls soccer teams with their parents are the rest, things could get interesting in what exactly we can do.

On another note what are peoples plans for tomorrow in terms of heading into the stadium? I know the first game is at 5 and likely going to be played in front of pretty much empty stadium. If any setup is planned I would think earlier the better.

I'm going to try to dig out the 'Born and Raised' banner. It has Canadian flags painted within the letters and is about 7ft tall and 35 ft long. All depends on Bree opening that storage door. We should have PVC poles for everyone if we can get in. Storage at BMO is nice, but I wish we controlled access.

I plan on being in the stadium at 7, if not earlier. Kick off is at 8, so that should leave enough time to get ready.

Ill talk to Pete and see if he's planning on heading in early and we can Gove you a hand Chris.

Hopefully there's someone there to open the storage area. Not sure if Bree will be there though.

I'm going to try to dig out the 'Born and Raised' banner. It has Canadian flags painted within the letters and is about 7ft tall and 35 ft long. All depends on Bree opening that storage door. We should have PVC poles for everyone if we can get in. Storage at BMO is nice, but I wish we controlled access.

Remember that she's a Toronto FC person. She won't be working this game and will actually be cheering on one of her girls playing tonight!

I'll give a shout later as to how and who to talk to for banner room access if that's what you need.

wow, what is happening with the voyageurs and women's soccer. world cup u20. at home. match on national tv in prime time. but no game thread?

also, once again at home, we had the supporters of another country control the atmosphere in stadium. you have to give them props for non-stop singing, chanting, dancing and playing music for 90 mins+ including pre match, half time and post match.

Voyageurs numbers were skimpy in comparison & chants were soulless in comparison. Rest of the crowd was a typical Canada audience that sat on their hands except for a few kids chanting Canada non-stop.

Excessive amounts of the simple Canada chant pretty much.  Considering there's only like 40 of us will at least help us incorporate the rest of the crowd a bit more (of course didn't help yesterday that the rows behind us were all Ghana fans but whatever).

hi all

not to barge in here, but seems like as good a place as any to share some pics from Tuesday, .. ahead of Match 2 tonight!

Despite low turnout, Ghanian supporter competition, no result... good vibes brought from all - thank you to all that got involved.

ROtLkqv.jpg
Pre match festivities

6XBL5Sa.jpg

YhglH2o.jpg

Big ups BuSaPuNk for making the effort to get a drum out - helped balance the sides and add to our spirit in the south end.

9CfHfQm.jpg

AbWkNf8.jpg
What in the hell.......... I think it took a crap in the capo stand.

zmFfGjN.jpg
Yeah, we had neighbours.

Archived