U20WWC Role Call - Toronto

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Game Party is at Shoeless Joe's. Looks like the games will be getting some good crowds. I kind of wonder what the supporters section will be like as it looks like a number of still available tickets are password protected plus knowing Jamie is still holding tickets. It looks to me right the V's are going to be only the first few rows. Any ways looking to forward to the two Canada group stage games at BMO Field.

I will only be at the July 8th game, along with my husband and my two kids. 

On that note, this will be our first time in 113, but we have participated in the Rose City Riveters section (Portland Thorns Supporters group) several times.  Will it be frowned upon to bring my kids?  I am trying to teach them that standing, singing, chanting and flag waving are the 'normal' way to enjoy a game. 

I know that, in Vancouver, the women's games tend to bring out a somewhat more easy-going crowd. We've also had well-behaved kids who know what to expect in supporters' sections with great success. So I don't want to speak for any Toronto experts but it's worked before!

I will only be at the July 8th game, along with my husband and my two kids. 

On that note, this will be our first time in 113, but we have participated in the Rose City Riveters section (Portland Thorns Supporters group) several times.  Will it be frowned upon to bring my kids?  I am trying to teach them that standing, singing, chanting and flag waving are the 'normal' way to enjoy a game.

No issues with bringing the kids in any way. It is good to get the young ones involved early on.

So I brought the duffel bag full of Voyageurs banners over from Vancouver. Two questions.

1. Anyone know if we'll be able to get them into BMO?

2. Who'll be able to take the bag off my hands? You guys will want it for the Toronto MNT game and I can't take it on the train with me.

So I brought the duffel bag full of Voyageurs banners over from Vancouver. Two questions.

1. Anyone know if we'll be able to get them into BMO?

2. Who'll be able to take the bag off my hands? You guys will want it for the Toronto MNT game and I can't take it on the train with me.

1. Take to the gate on the south side. There are 2 gates there. Go to the one on the left. That is the supporters gate where they usually check bags of banners and flags. There has never been a problem with banners and flags before at Canada games.

This is assuming nothing wonky is going on. The CSA twitter feed is ignoring all of my requests for confirmation on what is allowed.

One other thing, security company changed this year so if they give you any grief ask for a supervisor. They usually won't get one and let you in anyway.

I find the lack of direction on what is allowed in this year to be very annoying.

1. Take to the gate on the south side. There are 2 gates there. Go to the one on the left. That is the supporters gate where they usually check bags of banners and flags. There has never been a problem with banners and flags before at Canada games.

This is assuming nothing wonky is going on. The CSA twitter feed is ignoring all of my requests for confirmation on what is allowed.

Ask Richard Scott @richardscott187

Yes I saw your tweets. Would be nice for a reply, I agree.

I can always ditch the $1 flag pole but it would be more fun with it.

Archived